My Scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Scores

EQ 768
Trans 739
Exp 673
I have seen my Experian get low as 569. The other two stay over 700 all the time. I have one delinquency that hopefully will fall off in about 10 months.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Scores

Is there a question or just thinking out loud? Smiley Tongue

Are those all FICO scores? TU and EQ from Credit Karma maybe?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes from credit karma
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What about EX score?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, since you're not responding, I'm going to assume you got your EX score directly from Experian or one of your cards like Discover.

The reason you're seeing a huge discrepancy is because Credit Karma provides TU and EQ VantageScore 3.0 scores (some refer to as FAKO), it's mostly meaningless because just about no lenders uses it for credit decisions. On the other hand your EX score is most likely FICO 8 score that is widely used by most lenders, it's not unusual to see a huge difference between the two scoring models like in your case. You can obtain your TU and EQ FICO 8 scores by signing up at creditchecktotal.com $1 7day trial, it will provide FICO 8 score for all 3 bureaus, just make sure to cancel before the end of the 7 day trial to avoid being charge the full subscription price.

Message 5 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, since you're not responding, I'm going to assume you got your EX score directly from Experian or one of your cards like Discover.

The reason you're seeing a huge discrepancy is because Credit Karma provides TU and EQ VantageScore 3.0 scores (some refer to as FAKO), it's mostly meaningless because just about no lenders uses it for credit decisions. On the other hand your EX score is most likely FICO 8 score that is widely used by most lenders, it's not unusual to see a huge difference between the two scoring models like in your case. You can obtain your TU and EQ FICO 8 scores by signing up at creditchecktotal.com $1 7day trial, it will provide FICO 8 score for all 3 bureaus, just make sure to cancel before the end of the 7 day trial to avoid being charge the full subscription price.

Welcome Bryan, and the info above from Oldman is good advice.  Get ahold of your Fico scores.  Once you've done that, if you still see a big variance in scores, there is a reason for it.  That is when you want to compare all 3 reports to see where the differences may be.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.