Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help big time, Barclay -> Mercury

tag
QCTRAV
Valued Member

Need help big time, Barclay -> Mercury

Ok, so I have been on auto payment with Barclay card forever. Well, I moved and I called barclay card to update my address. I was told that my account was old two months ago to Mercury cards. Well, I called in and they told me I was not late on any payments and as soon as I got a card to my new address to setup my online account and setup bill pay. 

Well that was about 7 days ago. 3 days ago I setup my account, paid 500 and everything looked good. Today I get a notification on myfico that my score went down 54 points, due to a late payment... Guess what it was Mercury. 

Im really freaking out because im buying a house in 2 weeks and have no idea what to do over here. Can someone point me in the right direction. 

Starting Fico Score 589 Current 640

QSO $2000 ; Cap 1 Secured $300 ; First Premiere Secured ; $300 ; Piedmont Advantage CU CC $1000 ; Barclay s Rewards $1000 ; Chase Amazon Visa $500

In the Garden 5/14 until 5/15
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need help big time, Barclay -> Mercury

Have you contacted Mercury's CS department? After the sell-off, Barclays no longer services that account. There should be a contact number to reach Mercury via the back of the card or any correspondence you may have received.

I'm not sure whether any auto-pay features would've transferred over since typically those would need to be set up again with the new company. However, given the situation, they may or may not have the capability to remove the late payment, but you can at least call them to see what options are available.
Message 2 of 4
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Mercury cards are issuing new cards for everyone with new numbers. Any "autopay" would fail if you do not update.

Moving and then failing to do an address update sounds like a cardholder error. I would pay Mercury cards what they are owed and the intrest plus fees and call it a day. If you really want some relief then call Mercury and find out what they can offer.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 3 of 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Op, I am hoping that Mercury can work with you on this, given the confusion with the change and timing of your new address. This would be unfortunate heading into buying your house. I really hope you find a resolve for this!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.