cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My score

tag
Fallonrmq

My score

I just looked up my score with score watch and it is 603. I noticed that when I was in the 500's the score would either jump by 28 points or go down by a large number of points. Now I've noticed that the score is inching up by 1 or 2 points. Is this the norm or will I see some larger jumps in my score since I've been paying my bills on time.

thanks.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My score

Fallonrmq wrote:
I just looked up my score with score watch and it is 603. I noticed that when I was in the 500's the score would either jump by 28 points or go down by a large number of points. Now I've noticed that the score is inching up by 1 or 2 points. Is this the norm or will I see some larger jumps in my score since I've been paying my bills on time.

thanks.

No one can tell you how many points a single event will increase or decrease your score. Just make sure all negative information is off and let time pass.

Message 2 of 6
Fallonrmq

I was wondering how long Charge offs and settled for less than full amount stay on your credit report. I heard it stays on your credit report for 7 years. Any truth to this?? Thanks for the help.
Message 3 of 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Fallonrmq wrote:
thanks.

There does come a time when, in your efforts to improve your score, you have "picked all the low-hanging fruit," as it were. Once you get your utilization down to the 0-9% range, and disputed off incorrect baddies from your CR, you've pretty much done everything you can do in the short run to improve your FICO.
Message 5 of 6
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

TheNewWorldMan wrote:

There does come a time when, in your efforts to improve your score, you have "picked all the low-hanging fruit," as it were. Once you get your utilization down to the 0-9% range, and disputed off incorrect baddies from your CR, you've pretty much done everything you can do in the short run to improve your FICO.

Then you just sit back and put your feet up for a few years.

Credit is like a hangover - time is a great healer.  Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.