Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Myfico updates

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Myfico updates

Myfico is not showing updated Transunion information on a credit card I recently paid down. I called TransUnion and they provided me the correct updated information. The statement cut on the 4th. How often are updates done on myfico to reflect updates? On the verge of refinancing and my mid mortgage score (which is my TU score) is 1 point away from where lender wants it.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Trudy
Valued Contributor

Re: Myfico updates

I was just in a thread where we all discussed how very late TU is to report, even though the lender reported to them.  I have accounts reported on the 2nd for the other 2 bureaus, still waiting for TU and actually don't expect it this week considering past experience.  However, this may be lender specific but it seems clear many have the same sentiment.

If you have WalletHub or some site that provides you daily TU updates, albeit V3 scores, you can tell when it reports then get your mortgage scores.

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 2 of 11
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Myfico is not showing updated Transunion information on a credit card I recently paid down. I called TransUnion and they provided me the correct updated information. The statement cut on the 4th. How often are updates done on myfico to reflect updates? On the verge of refinancing and my mid mortgage score (which is my TU score) is 1 point away from where lender wants it.

Try Wallet Hub, they provide daily TU report. As always, ignore the VS score 

If it's there, it reported and updated, but MF is lagging. 

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the info!!
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did sign up for Wallet Hub and TU had updated in there so I guess its a little slow on the MF end.
Message 5 of 11
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Yeah, it happens. At least you know it's done. Now waiting part Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 11
Trudy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I did sign up for Wallet Hub and TU had updated in there so I guess its a little slow on the MF end.

Yep.  I've actually gone a full month with no update with myFICO on certain accounts and actions from all 3B's.  Change was never alerted in myFICO but I was able to see it because I also have an EX subscription and it showed the update which was actually a score change and should have updated with myFICO per the product.  I would've never known without a bureaus pull or my other subscription.  Alerts are very untimely/unpredictable with them in my opinion.  Some months are great, others not so much.

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 7 of 11
I_Love_Cards
Regular Contributor

I recently had an issue because the myFICO score updates weren’t making sense (there was mathematically contradictory information on the different tabs). As a part of the discussion for that issue, myFICO product support informed me that their alerts/updates are delayed by 48-72 hours.

I think that might be an optimistic estimate on their part, but factoring in business days, holidays, phases of the moon and what not I guess it’s probably correct.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone - that's good to know as I think it answers my question about how often updates are actually reflected on MyFICO. 

It seems I was falsely under the impression that my scores would be updated whenever a change occurs (not just monthly or quarterly). I do use other services and see both Equifax and TU reporting payoffs; however, not seeing that reported. And if it is reported here, it is not reflecting in my score.

Is that correct then, that scores are only updated on a monthly or quarterly basis depending on your plan?

Thanks again!

Message 9 of 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know what you mean about "Myfico ... not showing updated Transunion information". Where are you looking? I'm sure if you pulled a TU report on MyFICO it would be completely up to date.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.