Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NCO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NCO

Well it's not often that I can say this about a CA but NCO treated me very fairly and honored my request to delete without me offering a PFD before I had paid.

Back in May I got an old AT&T bill that they acquired which was $88. Before I knew anything about PFDs I sent them a check for $88. It was not on any CRs then...until about a week ago. It showed up on only EX as a paid in full collection. I sent an e-mail to the gentleman that was posted here a few weeks ago. Well I got my letter today saying the debt is closed and a notice was being sent to the CRAs requesting the entry be deleted.

NCO had no obligation to do this and I am grateful that they honored my request. I know everybody has that one agency that just makes their life miserable, for me that's Palisades....it's just good to run across a company that listens and makes your life a little easier once in a while.

Just my little blurb today Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: NCO

Terrific! Finally some good news, there hasn't been much posted lately.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

wtggggggggggggggg
Message 3 of 5
sl
Established Contributor

WTG!!!  I think this is lesson we can learn from...not everyone in the collection world is out to get us...Just most of them.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't speak for everybody who has dealt with NCO but my experience was more than acceptable.

If more CAs honored PFDs or requests to remove these negative items from our reports there wouldn't be as many issues for most of us who have gotten into trouble in the past. Removing just 1 collection can have in excess of a 50 pt difference for some people. It's just refreshing to see a company just do the right thing....and in the collection industry to boot!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.