Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLOC Reporting Question

tag
IodineNightSky
Regular Contributor

NFCU CLOC Reporting Question

How does the Navy Checking Line of Credit report to the CBs? Or does it even report? 

If it reports, I assume it would have to be considered revolving and would then help out UT %s if it goes unused.

Does there have to be some balance on it to initially get it to report or will it simply report $0 balance with $15k limit the first month and every month thereafter? 

Current FICO 8s:
EQ: 712 - TU: 719 - EX: 707
Mortgage Ficos: EQ5: 708 - TU4: 729 - EX2: 700
Current Middle Mortgage Score: 708
Goal Scores: 740+

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU CLOC Reporting Question

Mine just report as a loan and yes it reports the CL and balance.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@IodineNightSky wrote:

How does the Navy Checking Line of Credit report to the CBs? Or does it even report? 

If it reports, I assume it would have to be considered revolving and would then help out UT %s if it goes unused.

Does there have to be some balance on it to initially get it to report or will it simply report $0 balance with $15k limit the first month and every month thereafter? 

It reports as a revolving loan, and has the same effect a credit card does. Instead of reporting the balance as of the statement date, though, it reports the balance as of the 1st of the month.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 3 of 6
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

20 months later and mine is still somehow a hidden tradeline.  Maybe I'll give it another 6 years or so until it matches my AAoA to mention the fact.  But yes, if it did report it would be factored in as a revolving line of credit.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It reports as a revolving loan, and has the same effect a credit card does. Instead of reporting the balance as of the statement date, though, it reports the balance as of the 1st of the month.

Mine closes the 27th I just dont go CRAZY and buy a motorcycle in those 2-4 days from when it reports on the 1st of the following months :-p 

Message 5 of 6
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Ive never used mine ever in the 5 yrs Ive it. It reports to all 3 CRA's, and reports as "revolving", in the comments "line of credit".

It is factored into my overall revolving utilization (credit cards). Mine also reports "C" (current) every other month like clock work.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.