Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Secured Card approval after closed account payoff

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Secured Card approval after closed account payoff

Hello,

2 years ago i had to stop working and fell behind on all my accounts and killed my credit. As of this week i have been working on getting rid of my collection accounts. I currently have a NFCU account that is closed and i owe 7100. I will be paying them in full in order to continue business with them. How far after paying them will be a good idea to get a NFCU nrewards secured card or if i can even get approved again. Scores all 590's

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
teeluhz
Established Member

Re: NFCU Secured Card approval after closed account payoff

I’m going to follow this thread. I would like to know too.
Message 2 of 4
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

I believe you'll have to write the board a letter explaining what happened as the first step. I'm sure you could get back in without it down the line, but it should speed things up along with the PIF.

Message 3 of 4
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

2 years ago i had to stop working and fell behind on all my accounts and killed my credit. As of this week i have been working on getting rid of my collection accounts. I currently have a NFCU account that is closed and i owe 7100. I will be paying them in full in order to continue business with them. How far after paying them will be a good idea to get a NFCU nrewards secured card or if i can even get approved again. Scores all 590's

I personally know 3 people who were able to open savings and/or checking accounts immediately after making NFCU whole (this was in branch). Now granted, it was nowhere near $7,100; their's were less than $1,000. I don't know about getting a secured credit card right away though. I would give them a call and ask. Their customer service is awesome.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.