Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name changed on MyFico 3B

tag
kimbersleep
Contributor

Name changed on MyFico 3B

Last month's MyFico 3B (and all previous monthly reports for a year) had my name listed correctly in the Personal Information section for all 3 CRAs.

Fast forward to this month, and on the newest MyFico 3B under TransUnion my name is now listed as Firstmiddle Last, with the First and Middle names smushed together into one word without a space between them.

There are no new accounts, but there are two mortgage inquiries that have taken place in the last month.
I have not changed my name or address with any of my existing creditors.

How can I determine which creditor is reporting my name incorrectly to TransUnion, and get that resolved? I have not yet gone the full 12 months since ordering my last free Annual Credit Report individually from TransUnion.

Thanks!

04/20/17 - Fico Score 8: EQ 695, TU 689, EX 728; Mortgage: EQ 731, TU 740, EX 815 [Starting Point on MyFico]
05/09/18 - Fico Score 8: EQ 827, TU 821, EX 811; Mortgage: EQ 815, TU 795, EX 822 [Latest MyFico 3B]
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Name changed on MyFico 3B

@kimbersleep wrote:

Last month's MyFico 3B (and all previous monthly reports for a year) had my name listed correctly in the Personal Information section for all 3 CRAs.

Fast forward to this month, and on the newest MyFico 3B under TransUnion my name is now listed as Firstmiddle Last, with the First and Middle names smushed together into one word without a space between them.

There are no new accounts, but there are two mortgage inquiries that have taken place in the last month.
I have not changed my name or address with any of my existing creditors.

How can I determine which creditor is reporting my name incorrectly to TransUnion, and get that resolved? I have not yet gone the full 12 months since ordering my last free Annual Credit Report individually from TransUnion.

Thanks!

It was likely not anything reported by your current creditors, but the data from the new inquiries that added the new "spelling" to your reports. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.