Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nationwide Recovery System -- Please help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nationwide Recovery System -- Please help

NRS has been calling for my husband.  There is now something on my credit report.  What can I do?  I only have a phone number.  I need to call to find out the original creditor, etc.

I know you guys generally say not to call, but I am desperate.  I have been taking care of my credit/accounts and am getting pretty close to paying things off by June/July.
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
danikasmom
Regular Contributor

Re: Nationwide Recovery System -- Please help

You need to DV them and only in writing and do not sign the letter!!  I, personally, would not call them because they can manipulate you into agreeing that you owe a debt and get you to agree to payment arrangements too!  They are snakes.
Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

DON'T I NEED TO CALL THEM TO GET AN ACCOUNT NUMBER AND ADDRESS?

HOW WILL THEY KNOW IT'S ME?  They must have my social security #, but do I put --> Re: My Name and SSN in the letter?  I don't have an account #.
Message 3 of 27
danikasmom
Regular Contributor

NO NO NO.  All you have to do is send it to them with your name on it.  If that is all they have, then they don't have what you are asking them for.  How old is the account?  NEVER give them you SSN.  If they are doing their job correctly, they will have all of that.  Let them know in the letter that they didn't provide an account number.  That IS if it isn't on your report.  What is the DOFD on your report?  Provide as much info on here as possible about it so everyone can really help out with it.  You WILL get help.
Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is on my credit report:

3000 Kellway Dr Ste 108, Carrollton, TX 75006-3304; reported 3/1/08

No delinquency date.  I almost feel like I'm gonna be sick!

Message 5 of 27
nicemann
Established Contributor

Wow....nothing else...no past due amount, balance, etc?

Micaela09 wrote:
It is on my credit report:

3000 Kellway Dr Ste 108, Carrollton, TX 75006-3304; reported 3/1/08

No delinquency date.  I almost feel like I'm gonna be sick!

Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry balance is $409.
Message 7 of 27
nicemann
Established Contributor

Only reason I was asking maybe it would spark your mind of what the debt could be.  If I was you I would just DV them.  Do not call.  Only mail it in.  Reading their website they basially collect for anything from CCs to medical bills and everything in between.  They also are kind of fat headed
"We have built our reputation as a trusted collection agency for more than 25 years for companies large and small by attaining fast and consistent results of more than $1 billion dollars collected." Smiley Mad
Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please review this letter.

National Recovery Services

Re: Acct No. XXXX

To whom it may concern,

I recently ordered my credit report and found that you are reporting a balance of $409.00. This account is not mine and I demand you delete this account from your records and stop reporting it to any and all credit reporting agencies immediately. <---I don't want to put this line.  I am pretty positive it's not mine but DH, but I don't think I should put this line???

According to the Federal Debt Collection Practices Act. I have a right to have the alleged debt validated. I am requesting and requiring that you forward all proper original documentation to me proving this alleged debt.

Additionally, continued reporting of this item on my credit reports is in violation of the FCRA 623. Deletion is mandatory by federal law.

You are hereby required to provide the following:

• Contract of said account with my original signature.

• Complete billing and payment history.

• Copies of all certified letters sent to my address.

• Notarized statement that you are authorized to collect this debt and by whom, including the name of the original creditor.

• Notarized statement claiming you believe in the authenticity of the items (A), (B) & (C ).

If you are unable to provide me with proper proof, then you must stop attempting to collect and report this alleged debt.  If you continue to claim I owe a debt that you cannot confirm, then you will be in direct violation of the FDCPA.  Additionally, any attempt on your part to further report this alleged debt to my credit reports will be in violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act.

Please forward your documentation to me upon receipt of this certified letter. Please note that proper documentation is not simply a print out or bill from you, and this debt cannot be validated without a contract bearing my original signature.  If you are unable or unwilling to furnish said documents then I am ordering you to stop reporting this account and delete it from your records and delete your entry on my credit report(s).

Account printouts do not constitute legal validation.

If this item is not removed from all credit bureaus that you report to within thirty (30) days, this matter will be escalated. Continued violations against me by your organization to this fictitious account will be met by the maximum legal action permissible by law.

Thank you for your cooperation.

TYPED NAME

Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Going through the forums, should I also put this? ---->

Please also provide evidence that your company is registered as a consumer collection agency in the state of Texas.
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.