Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nationwide Recovery System -- Please help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nationwide Recovery System -- Please help

Is there an account number on your CR?

SOL is important..............there is no dates whatsoever?

I may be wrong............but I believe some states allow reporting on spouse's report..........am not sure though.
Message 11 of 27
danikasmom
Regular Contributor

Ok, so I wouldn't put in that first paragraph becuase you are already saying that in a different one.  Also, where it says to "forward all proper original documentation" I would highlight and italicize "original" so that it is clear. 

I don't know about demanding the proof of being able to collect in the state of Texas.  I'm sure someone else will know though.
Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't see any dates ... only a partial account number.
Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

danikasmom wrote:
Ok, so I wouldn't put in that first paragraph becuase you are already saying that in a different one.  Also, where it says to "forward all proper original documentation" I would highlight and italicize "original" so that it is clear. 

I don't know about demanding the proof of being able to collect in the state of Texas.  I'm sure someone else will know though.

Texas requires DCs be bonded, which Nationwide is (just checked).  And yes she should request proof that they are bonded in TX (per Lonnster's ltr).

I just got them put on last week as well for an ATT bill. But they won't get a purple penny from me.  I'll gladly give it to ATT though.

GL!
Message 14 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. I would call them because as long as you know you are just calling to inquire about something and not to pay something then you should do just that call them and tell them this is on your credit report and you need to know what its regarding? thanks your right its your credit they are messing with !

thanks  sammi
Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

sammi08 wrote:
Hi. I would call them because as long as you know you are just calling to inquire about something and not to pay something then you should do just that call them and tell them this is on your credit report and you need to know what its regarding? thanks your right its your credit they are messing with !

thanks  sammi

Absolutely DO NOT CALL NATIONWIDE!  They are a CA and a phone call will trip you up in the end.  DV them CMRRR (use Lonnster's ltr) and go from there. 
Message 16 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

NO PHONE CALLS!

DV them immediately!

I am not familiar with community property states (and the various laws that say what can/can't be done) - however, this is NOT your debt (doesn't matter if it's DH's - let HIM deal with it and have it on his CR!).
Message 17 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone!  The letter will go out tomorrow.

Wish me luck because I am going to need to buy a car Smiley Sad really soon.  Mine is 11 years old and keeps trying to die on me, but I still try to keep it on life support!!! Smiley Very Happy
Message 18 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

ONE MORE QUESTION:

I have a hyphenated name for example: Micaela Smith-Jones

However, I always go by Micaela Smith.  When NRS calls (called), they ask for John Jones ... so when I write my letter should I just put Micaela Jones?  Does it make a difference if they know my whole name or my assumed name "Micaela Jones?"
Message 19 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

*bump*
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.