Nationwide Recovery System -- Please help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nationwide Recovery System -- Please help

Micaela09 wrote:
ONE MORE QUESTION:

I have a hyphenated name for example: Micaela Smith-Jones

However, I always go by Micaela Smith.  When NRS calls (called), they ask for John Jones ... so when I write my letter should I just put Micaela Jones?  Does it make a difference if they know my whole name or my assumed name "Micaela Jones?"

Micaela,

This thread just posted...maybe it can give you some insight into this.
Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nationwide Recovery System -- OH NO!!!!!!

I looked at my credit report, and it says OC is an Energy company I used to have.  Now I know that I do owe this account.  It was from a while back.

Should I call energy company?  I am pretty sure I am within the 7 yr SOL (7 for Texas, right?)  I would like to find the DOLD, which is why I want to call.  I also want to try PFD to energy company and not CA.

It's okay to call the OC, right?  Maybe if I get someone nice, I can talk to them and work out a deal, and they can send it in writing (PFD)?
Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Micaela09 wrote:
I looked at my credit report, and it says OC is an Energy company I used to have.  Now I know that I do owe this account.  It was from a while back.

Should I call energy company?  I am pretty sure I am within the 7 yr SOL (7 for Texas, right?)  I would like to find the DOLD, which is why I want to call.  I also want to try PFD to energy company and not CA.

It's okay to call the OC, right?  Maybe if I get someone nice, I can talk to them and work out a deal, and they can send it in writing (PFD)?

TX is 4 yrs SOL, 7 yrs is reporting SOL and yes PFD the elec co not the CA. If it's TU or Reliant they usually delete right away.  You want the DOFD as that what SOL and CRTP goes by.
Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

The PFD letter I found says I dispute ... should I put that even though I know I owe?

Also, the bill is $400 ... how low should I ask to pay?  Is $200 too low?  Would asking to make two payments of $200 be okay?

I guess all they can say is "no" ... right?

Message Edited by Micaela09 on 04-03-2008 04:24 PM
Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry for just repsonding to this.  If you don't want to dispute it and would like to pay it I would take that sentence out.  I'd be as sugary as possible.  Simply tell them exactly what you want the outcome to be, ultimately leading up to the deletion, including precisely how and when you will pay them and go for it.

Good luck!
Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to bump an old thread, but my concern is with National Recovery Systems too.. they had sent me a collections letter which MAY be fradulent (I'm in the process of investigating right now) and they had already called me before. I set up a payment plan and I think I DID give them my SS#, which upon reading this thread, was probably a mistake.

Advice please??

Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nationwide Recovery System -- Please help

Ok, so I'm confused. Are these people debt collectors, or are they just out looking for money to any poor sap they find that happens to have a bad credit score? Is this some sort of phone phishing scheme?

If you know you owe a company money, and they state the company's name, why should you not pay Nationwide?

To quote a song, "Could some one please start explaining, because I need some understanding."

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.