Dear all- I really really need help now because I don't know how to proceed.
I think that I have one PFD today- let me tell you why I say "think". Today I contacted my Original Creditor about an account that I thought was totally wrong- she told me the charges were back from when they switched from one server to another- anyway, bottom line she told me I could come straight to the office and pay it and she would call the collections it was sent to- GLA in KY. I zipped to the office and paid it, (as isn't it always better to pay the OC?) and she wrote me a letter saying it is PIF and gave me the letter and she was faxing it to GLA and she had already talked to the lady and the lady said she would send me a letter out today from GLA saying that she would remove it from my credit report. When I got back to work I called the OC back and asked would she call GLA back and ask them to remove the collection from all 3 CRA's? She said yes, and by lunch it was done. So I am just waiting on paper confirmation.
After lunch, I contacted the OC on the only other collection I have for 116$. They said it would just be faster and better to pay GLA since it had gone to collections in 2005. I asked was there any way I could just pay them- the OC- and she hemmed and hawed and said yes I could, but there was no way to do it over the phone, and I would have to send a check, and that would just take time- because once they got the check they only report back to their CRA's every two weeks.
I called GLA directly and the lady was a complete biddie- she wouldn't negotiate PFD and I didn't even get into trying to settle. She was treating my so badly I made her confirm that this call was NOT AN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF MY DEBT- and again, she was being such an @@@ that I wouldn't even confirm the address for her. We ended up hanging the phone up not speaking to each other.
Anyway, on my way back running errands, I looked back at the letter my OC from this morning wrote down as the contacts and when I called back and asked for Ms. J or Ms. S- they told me I couldn't talk to them as they didn't handle account calls and I would have to speak w/ Karen- -the @@@ I spoke to earlier. I hung up before the connected me to her.
Here is what I am asking if this is what I should do. Should since I called the 2nd OC and they did say I could pay it straight to them- but we didn't get into whether they would call the GLA CA for me- should I just go ahead and pay it , and nicely write and ask for a reciept saying "Paid in Full" and wait for the reciept? Then....once I get that contact GLA myself and say I had already paid it thru the OC and now they need to remove the collection? I did get the OC to confirm that I could still pay it thru them- but because they kept saying I should really pay the collections 1st and be done w/ it- I did'nt want to get into a discussion about paying it thru them 1st and then having them contact GLA.
Is there any way that I can get double whammied on any of this?
Does it seem like the morning collection will be taken off as a PFD since I don't have anything in writing anymore and I paid thru the OC?
What do you-anyone out there- especially the mods.- think I should do? Advice please will help so much.
PS- Have two different people working on loan refi and everything is going good w/ that so far. I am trying to wait having to straight pay that 2nd collection because the credit union that is writing my good faith estimate didn't even mention that I would have to pay off the collections but the first mortg. co did. I am really wanting to close with the credit union as it is cheaper and %rate better.
Please please- any advice- what to do?