Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help with Erroneous Collection Account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Help with Erroneous Collection Account

It is with someone with same name.  It is from Direct TV/ATT, which I have never been a customer of.  It's due to be deleted in September since this account is 6.5 yrs old.  It showed up on my report about 6 months ago.  I have informed the 3 CRA of this.  I have done investigations with the 3 CRA.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Re: Need Help with Erroneous Collection Account

If you have proof that it isnt you, including that you've never lived at whatever address that person has, I would provide that when disputing with CRAs. The more proof you have, the more they are inclined to remove it.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

believe me I have provided proof to the CRA.  They keep telling me that if the Collection Agency verifies it then it will stay until Sept 2018.  It's so frustrating.... I retained Lexington Law Firm to help expedite this matter.

Message 3 of 7
xaximus
Valued Contributor

What CA is it? Also - I would create a topic in the rebuilding forum as there's a lot more information there that could help with the collection removal. One person that could be of great help would be @RobertEG.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection Agency is I C Systems, Inc.  They buy debt on pennies on the dollar and go after anyone they can.

Message 5 of 7
CountryLad
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

believe me I have provided proof to the CRA.  They keep telling me that if the Collection Agency verifies it then it will stay until Sept 2018.  It's so frustrating.... I retained Lexington Law Firm to help expedite this matter.

After submitting proof to all the CRAs and not getting the proper results, you may want to file a complaint with the CFPB. I had a lingering issue with Experian and Chase that neither of them would resolve. I finally filed a complaint against both Chase and Experian and the matter was quickly removed from my reports -- as it should have been long ago. Good luck!

“If you wish to get rich, save what you get. A fool can earn money; but it takes a wise man to save and dispose of it to his own advantage.” ―Brigham Young
Message 6 of 7
Kree
Established Contributor

Verify SS#,  if not yours, they must remove.  If they do not remove, you can discuss options with lawyer.

If SS# is yours, then contact police for identity theft report.  Once police report is filed, CSRs must remove. If they do not remove, you can discuss options with lawyer.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.