cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help with Erroneous Collection Account

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Contributor

Need Help with Erroneous Collection Account

It is with someone with same name.  It is from Direct TV/ATT, which I have never been a customer of.  It's due to be deleted in September since this account is 6.5 yrs old.  It showed up on my report about 6 months ago.  I have informed the 3 CRA of this.  I have done investigations with the 3 CRA.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Valued Contributor

Re: Need Help with Erroneous Collection Account

If you have proof that it isnt you, including that you've never lived at whatever address that person has, I would provide that when disputing with CRAs. The more proof you have, the more they are inclined to remove it.

Scores - All bureaus 750 +/-
TCL - Est. $275K
Message 2 of 7
Contributor

believe me I have provided proof to the CRA.  They keep telling me that if the Collection Agency verifies it then it will stay until Sept 2018.  It's so frustrating.... I retained Lexington Law Firm to help expedite this matter.

Message 3 of 7
Valued Contributor

What CA is it? Also - I would create a topic in the rebuilding forum as there's a lot more information there that could help with the collection removal. One person that could be of great help would be @RobertEG.

Scores - All bureaus 750 +/-
TCL - Est. $275K
Message 4 of 7
Contributor

Collection Agency is I C Systems, Inc.  They buy debt on pennies on the dollar and go after anyone they can.

Message 5 of 7
Valued Member

@badicedog wrote:

believe me I have provided proof to the CRA.  They keep telling me that if the Collection Agency verifies it then it will stay until Sept 2018.  It's so frustrating.... I retained Lexington Law Firm to help expedite this matter.

After submitting proof to all the CRAs and not getting the proper results, you may want to file a complaint with the CFPB. I had a lingering issue with Experian and Chase that neither of them would resolve. I finally filed a complaint against both Chase and Experian and the matter was quickly removed from my reports -- as it should have been long ago. Good luck!

“If you wish to get rich, save what you get. A fool can earn money; but it takes a wise man to save and dispose of it to his own advantage.” ―Brigham Young
Message 6 of 7
Established Contributor

Verify SS#,  if not yours, they must remove.  If they do not remove, you can discuss options with lawyer.

If SS# is yours, then contact police for identity theft report.  Once police report is filed, CSRs must remove. If they do not remove, you can discuss options with lawyer.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.