Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some pointers!!!!

tag
lost2007
Valued Member

Need some pointers!!!!

I'm looking to get and car soon and want to get my scores to get a better rate, over the next couple of months. What is the quickest way to go about doing this and how much of a bump can I expect. I have played with those credit simulators, but they only factor in the long term...
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need some pointers!!!!

What mix of credit do you have? What is your CC utilization? Any CO or collections? What are your scores now.

Providing more information will allow people to give advice for your particular situation.

From my experience it is possible to get a car loan with a few derogs on your report. I did in March 07, but it will take hard work and the right person and dealership to help you.
Message 2 of 3
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need some pointers!!!!

lost2007 wrote:
I'm looking to get and car soon and want to get my scores to get a better rate, over the next couple of months. What is the quickest way to go about doing this and how much of a bump can I expect. I have played with those credit simulators, but they only factor in the long term...

Read this for a good overview on how to improve your scores.

Read this for a better understanding of auto-enhanced FICO scoring. Have questions come back and we will try and help you.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.