Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Needing a PenFed guru to app for a LOC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Needing a PenFed guru to app for a LOC

I am new to PenFed: 20K car loan in 12/15 and 18K CL Visa last week. 

I want their PLOC and would prefer soon but don't want to jump the gun and risk a denial or too low SL. 

If it matters the Visa has yet to hit the bureaus and they did re-pull my EQ last week to qualify my cc.

And I can't shop too many places due to my only recently DC BK13 from 12/15. 

Thanks so much

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

Re: Needing a PenFed guru to app for a LOC

she should be able to help big time

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to reach out to her direct on this site or can you forward?

Please advise and thanks. 

Message 3 of 21
baller4life
Super Contributor

How much are you wanting on the PLOC? $15k and above will require additional documentation. You are the very first approval I have seen with such a fresh bk reporting. Apping the PLOC wouldn't be an additional hp since you just got one. However, I'm just not optimistic you would be approved. Their PLOC is probably their hardest product to get approved for. But, hey you have nothing to lose to try for it.
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey B4L,

Thanks so much for the prompt reply, I really appreciate it. 

$10K or so is fine.  But would you recommend waiting two months, but before the HP app expires of course?  Calling or doing on line?  Any subtext you can offer would be great. 

Ps. If you're familiar w others w PLOC's let me know but please remember my checkered past and subsequent limitations. 

Thanks

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

OR...could I convert some of the Visa CL to their LOC?  Back in the day AE was more than willing to do things like that.  

Feel free to get as creative as you'd like. 

Thanks

Message 6 of 21
baller4life
Super Contributor

This is the thing. You can ask for $10k now and if denied, ask again right before your 90 days are up. Give it go. They seem to like you Smiley Happy

Do you have any way in Navy Federal?

ETA: IF denied you can always send a detailed explanation of your situation. Their analysts have been really good with recons lately.

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hah. No. I only got in, in the first place, by being a second signer on the car loan---then opening the requisite savings account---I am not military. 

Message 8 of 21
baller4life
Super Contributor

Ok so the cc is your first account as primary with Penfed? Ok try now and if denied send recon email.
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:
How much are you wanting on the PLOC? $15k and above will require additional documentation. You are the very first approval I have seen with such a fresh bk reporting. Apping the PLOC wouldn't be an additional hp since you just got one. However, I'm just not optimistic you would be approved. Their PLOC is probably their hardest product to get approved for. But, hey you have nothing to lose to try for it.

+1

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.