Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New IRS Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New IRS Question

So, if I were to report an agent for rudeness, sell everything, etc. where the heck would I send a complaint?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New IRS Question

Call the IRS and ask for a supervisor or try to google the information. You may find an address there or maybe you could check with your local tax dept to see.
Message 2 of 11
cobra19
Valued Contributor

I'd never, neeeeeeeeever mess with Uncle Sam.

Remember, they got Big Al.......................

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Normally I wouldn't, but I can't believe they REFUSE to work with me no matter what just because I work, and they have on file how much I make & that I have 2 kids, etc. I'm just supposed to SELL ANYTHING to pay them - pee U!
Message 4 of 11
cobra19
Valued Contributor

beach - are you dealing with the call center in SLC? You're better off working with an IRS rep. in the city nearest to you.

The SLC people are not very friendly.
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, I got someone in Austin, TX...I had sent a letter back in Oct asking if they could PLEASE consider reducing/accepting a smaller amount so I could move on with my life, pay them, get it off their books too, and could they please consider removing the lien for now, let me qualify for a house, then put a lien on there if they wantedSmiley Sad ugghhhh...I received 2 letters stating they were still researching HOW TO RESPOND to my letter right...

She told me they didn't know WHAT I was asking (cripes, read the letter stupid)...anyway, she said we were just about to start crawling around for money & garnish!
Message 6 of 11
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Can you try for an offer to compromise? 
Message 7 of 11
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

The OIC is a good way to handle a tax burden, but they are notoriously difficult to obtain and take up to like 8 months to get answer. I think the interest and penalties are frozen during the decision period.

What you should do is call up the Tax Payer Advocate, who ever is assigned to you can help you with striking a deal, and perhaps getting the lien lifted once you've PIF.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

beach,are you talking & writting to the IRS or 1 of the companies that the debt has been assigned???

If a company that it was assigned....they can take a flying leap.........contact the IRS and tell them that you need to work only with them (this is law)

IF you are dealing with the IRS...call again & talk to someone (everytime that you call you get a different person)  IF they won't work with you ask to speak to a superviser!. The super might need to call you back but they will!!  Always get the name of the person that you speak to!!!

When asking to talk to a super is very different then when you do it with a creditor.
Message 9 of 11
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

The thing about talking with a Supervisor at the IRS is that they have the power to do things like remove a lien. I remember reading on some post on this forum from a woman who's son was able to strike a deal with a supervisor (to pay like $7000 on $10K debt), and get a lien lifted. I guess it depends on what you're trying to pay compared to how much you owe to get the lien lifted.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.