Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie to the forum with questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Newbie to the forum with questions

Hello everyone,

I am new to the board and have a couple of questions. 

I just view my FICO scores and credit reports and noticed an account from Sept of 2000 that I had with Verizon wirelss that was charged off.  I honestly can't remember is I ever paid it.  Verizon has not posted payment data on this account in all this time.  I would like to pay the debt but I wonder if it's better for my score to  pay it after it falls off in September or pay it now and have it reflect as a paid charge off.

I also have two satisfied judgments on my bureau.  Should the original creditor appear on the bureau if there is a judgment?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
cadavis0609
Frequent Contributor

Re: Newbie to the forum with questions

A paid charge off is a charge off. It probably isn't going to affect your score much to pay it. Also, if its getting close to the point where it will fall off, it is probably close to the SOL as well. So I would wait and see what happens. I recently disputed the amounts of some CO I paid off and they updated almost a years worth of "Ok's" to a years worth of CO. No good for the score.
Sept 07 EQ 419

April 2012 EQ- 669 EXP- 680 TU-700= Proud New Homeowner!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the prompt reply. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it CO'd in 9/2000 it is in your best interest to leave it... It will fall from your CRs shortly.

Hang in there! Smiley Wink

Rob

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.