Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Response From The Major 3

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No Response From The Major 3

Hi Everyone! 

I recently sent my first round of dispute letters on 05/04/2021. I waited for 30 days and checked my credit profile on 06/01. Nothing. I sent out a second round of letters on 06/08/2021. Waited another 30 days. Nothing. None of the CB have responded via mail or email nor have they put that they are investigating the account on my credit report. What would you suggest should be my next steps?

Thanks! 

4 REPLIES 4
KatSoDak
Frequent Contributor

Re: No Response From The Major 3

Did you send the dispute letters via certified mail so you receive a proof of delivery email from the postal service?  I'm pretty sure that is recommended when submitting a dispute via mail. 

If not, you really don't know that your request is being processed. Obviously the bureaus should be working on the dispute if they received your request. 

You can also file disputes online. I disputed both TU and EX. Both sent me co formation emails and then updates.  TU resolved the dispute almost immediately but EX took almost the full 30 days. EX did not remove the trade line. TU did. YMMV

FICO 8:

EQ FICO 9 - 770
EX FICO 9 - 758

Citi (2) | Discover | HSBC | BOA | NFCU (2) | WF (2) | Simmons Bank | FNBO (2) | PENFED | BBVA | US Bank | Lowes | Care Credit | Home Depot AU
Message 2 of 5
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Everyone! 

I recently sent my first round of dispute letters on 05/04/2021. I waited for 30 days and checked my credit profile on 06/01. Nothing. I sent out a second round of letters on 06/08/2021. Waited another 30 days. Nothing. None of the CB have responded via mail or email nor have they put that they are investigating the account on my credit report. What would you suggest should be my next steps?

Thanks! 

Are you disputing valid debt, or are you disputing genuine errors on your reports?

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

These are invalid errors I believe to be identity theft from the Equifax data breach. (happened right after.) I have one account in collections and the other as a charge-off. Both of which are attached to an address I have never lived at. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Someone told me you should only dispute by mail because you lose your rights in doing so. (You cant sue them for incorrect information.) I sent regular mail but will be sending my next round certifited. 

@KatSoDak wrote:

Did you send the dispute letters via certified mail so you receive a proof of delivery email from the postal service?  I'm pretty sure that is recommended when submitting a dispute via mail. 

If not, you really don't know that your request is being processed. Obviously the bureaus should be working on the dispute if they received your request. 

You can also file disputes online. I disputed both TU and EX. Both sent me co formation emails and then updates.  TU resolved the dispute almost immediately but EX took almost the full 30 days. EX did not remove the trade line. TU did. YMMV

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.