cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No credit report for Experian at all?

New Visitor

No credit report for Experian at all?

My wife and I are working towards getting a mortgage. Her credit is in the good range on Transunion and Equifax, but Experian shows nothing other than inquiries.

She has a credit card, student loans, a car loan etc which she is paying faithfully, but none of them show.
She contacted each of these agencies and they all confirmed that they are definitely reporting to Experian but Experian basically told her they are not receiving any reports.

It seems obvious the issue is with Experian, but getting them on the phone is a nightmare and there is no way to dispute this with them online.
What can we do to get this fixed?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Contributor

Re: No credit report for Experian at all?

My guess is that she has a split file on Experian.  Here are some articles about them:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/How-Mixed-Split-Credit-Files-Happen-and-What-...

https://www.creditkarma.com/advice/i/what-is-split-file-credit-report/

I encourage you to google split file credit report and other searches to find more articles.  Do a lot of research on your own and then assemble it in a folder.  Then patiently begin calling Experian and walk the reps through what you are guessing is the problem.  Be calm and friendly and expect that many reps will have never heard of this and won't know how to move forward.  Eventually you will get someone who will, though it may take a few weeks of calling them.

Also see whether you can get other more knowledgeable people on the forum to chime in.  I may well be mistaken about my guess.  The key thing is that your wife has several open accounts from a number of different creditors that have been open for a long time, with all creditor confirming that they report to EX, and the EX report is completely empty.  That sounds like a split file.

Message 2 of 5
Valued Contributor

Does she have any credit reporting showing on her credit report? If no then it is not a split file. Also check the name, address and social security number being used for these accounts? If any of these is incorrect please update it.

FICO 8 EX 794 TU 794 EF 805
Discover IT Opened 9/1990 CL 19,000, JC Penney Opened 10/2008 CL 4700, US Bank Cash Plus Opened 8/2010 CL 12000, Citibank Double Cash Opened 5/2015 CL 11,100, Chase Freedom Flex Opened 09/2020 CL 10,500
Message 3 of 5
Valued Contributor

Have you pulled a 3 Bureau FICO report on THIS website? If not do so and print it out. You will need this.
Calling “might” Help it is not the most productive way of dealing with this. You need to create a paper trail and email your letter and a copy a current 3 Bureau report. Your letter should be short, concise and polite. I am including the post recent email contacts for Experian. These are from the Elliott.org consumer advocate website. Start with customer service and work your way up. Don’t mass email everyone. Good Luck

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/experian/

Note: including the 3 Bureau report will clearly show Experian there is a problem.
Message 4 of 5
Valued Contributor

A three bureau credit report tell Experian that they are being reported to the other two bureaus.   The fact they are reporting to the other two is a known fact.  There are multiple reasons why this can happen at any bureau. Most of the time it is name address and social security number related. Simply checking with the creditors that information is correct will eliminate that possiblity.

FICO 8 EX 794 TU 794 EF 805
Discover IT Opened 9/1990 CL 19,000, JC Penney Opened 10/2008 CL 4700, US Bank Cash Plus Opened 8/2010 CL 12000, Citibank Double Cash Opened 5/2015 CL 11,100, Chase Freedom Flex Opened 09/2020 CL 10,500
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.