Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Info Dispute....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personal Info Dispute....

My father and I have the same name, with the exception of a middle inital. For years, due to a family falling out, my father and I have no contact. About 3 years ago his current address has started showing up on my EX report. I have disputed this multiple times with letters and it still continues to remain. I am currently about to mail off yet again, a letter explaining this is not my address, a copy of my electric bill, a w-2, and a copy of my DL with a printed out copy of the online dispute. 

All of this as they instruct. Any other suggestions to have this removed?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Personal Info Dispute....

@Anonymous wrote:

My father and I have the same name, with the exception of a middle inital. For years, due to a family falling out, my father and I have no contact. About 3 years ago his current address has started showing up on my EX report. I have disputed this multiple times with letters and it still continues to remain. I am currently about to mail off yet again, a letter explaining this is not my address, a copy of my electric bill, a w-2, and a copy of my DL with a printed out copy of the online dispute. 

All of this as they instruct. Any other suggestions to have this removed?

This should be easy, just say for security reasons you want all addresses except your current one to be removed.

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Make sure that you also notify each party reporting to the CRAs of the incorrect personal identifier info.

Otherwise, updated reporting may cause the CRA to undo their correction.

Message 3 of 5
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

That should correct the issue.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you get your dispute results what reason do they give for not removing the address?

Experian shows an address ID # for each address, and they also show which address id is associated with each account or inquiry. Check your report carefully and make sure the address isn't associated with anything else.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.