cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more unlimited pulls with USAA Credit Check Monitoring Premium??

tag
igids1
Regular Contributor

Re: USAA no longer offering daily credit reports

What are mpm and ec?

Message 21 of 97
MarcinXP
Frequent Contributor

Re: USAA CMS just got Gimped!!

I just called them. If you want unlimited pulls it's $9.95 a month on top of regular rate. I will see on 10/9 on what they can do to save me money. I'm already on 12 month 50% of special so I might not save too much...might keep them but once the rate goes up to $12.25 again and then on top of that $9.95...I'm out!

NFCU Visa Sig $30k / Amex Blue Cash $25.5k / Fidelity Amex $25k / Chase Freedom $14.5k / Citi Double Cash $5k / Capital One Quicksilver Visa Sig $5k / Citi Best Buy MC $3K / Barclay Rewards MC $2.95k / BOA - BBR $2.5k / SY Lowes $15k / SY Amazon $6k / Target RedCard - $300
Message 22 of 97
apandabear
Regular Contributor

Re: No more unlimited pulls with USAA Credit Check Monitoring Premium??

I'm pretty upset about this. I love my daily puller! It's a shame they have to do away with it.. it was such a great deal! I wonder if it's just costing them too much money to pull all of our reports daily. 

I'll be calling to cancel at the end of this month. 

Any word on what the "new" service is going to cost?

2009-10 - C/Os
2011 - Debts paid, no open credit
2012 - Rebuilding started, secured cards opened, SL rehabbed - EQ myFICO 636
2014 - 10k Discover, 3.5k Freedom, AmEx Green, SL, Auto Loan - EQ myFICO 695
Message 23 of 97
MarcinXP
Frequent Contributor

I almost wish they would allow for like a mid package like 5 pulls a month. I would definitely stay. Pull my credit every 5 days or so...but once a month is way too little and unlimited pulls for extra 10 bucks is too much....RIP on 10/9....cancel time and moving on to someone else.

NFCU Visa Sig $30k / Amex Blue Cash $25.5k / Fidelity Amex $25k / Chase Freedom $14.5k / Citi Double Cash $5k / Capital One Quicksilver Visa Sig $5k / Citi Best Buy MC $3K / Barclay Rewards MC $2.95k / BOA - BBR $2.5k / SY Lowes $15k / SY Amazon $6k / Target RedCard - $300
Message 24 of 97
Settemio
Regular Contributor

I just got the email... right after I did a report this morning... on the phone now to cancel.

Message 25 of 97
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

as soon as i saw this email i called to cancel
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 26 of 97
sge760
Contributor

USAA CMS :(

I just received an email from USAA stating, on October 9, 2012, USAA will no longer be providing daily reports, only monthly.  This is going to kill my new addiction of checking my reports daily Smiley Sad   Here is what it said:

"Thank you for trusting Experian to provide you with industry-leading credit monitoring services. In order to continue to provide USAA members with competitive features and rates, CreditCheck Monitoring Premium will be undergoing a few changes on 10/9/2012.

Based on member feedback and usage, we determined that members actually need fewer full credit reports but more frequent updates on changes. With that in mind, here's what's changing:

Credit Reports will be available once per month, instead of on an unlimited basis. This frequency meets the needs of the vast majority of members. For those seeking unlimited credit reports, please contact Experian at 1-866-751-1320.

New! Score Alerts will be monitored and delivered to you twice per month, instead of only once per month. This helps you know when your credit score has changed.

New! Monthly Credit Report Statements will consolidate relevant credit report and score information in one easy-to-read summary.
Message 27 of 97
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Totally shocked to see this in my inbox. I don't believe that customers want "more frequent updates on changes" instead of daily pullls. They're *supposed to* alert us whenever there is a change right now anyway. So, what does more frequent updated mean?! (Though, I seldom get alerts from them, even with changed on my CR.)

I do believe this is a cost-saving measure. I will most definitely be canceling this service unless they keep the daily pulls. while I don't pull daily, I do check it a few times a month, and want to be able to check it when I want without being limited to once a month. That is not worth $12.25 a month. 

(Plus the fact that their accts are screwed up and some of my CCs report on 3 different lines - one for each CRA. It makes it very confusing to review, but I put up with it because if the daily pulls.) Big bummer! 

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 28 of 97
Diegan_Sailor
Established Member

I sent them an email as soon as I saw it. This is a bad move for USAA. They are going to loose alot of buisness from this. I am cancelling at the end of the month, when hopefully my mortgage app is completed. 

Currently: NFCU cash rewards 10k, NFCU LOC 10k, Barclay Apple 5k, Amazon Visa Rewards 3k, Captial one quicksilver 1k, capital only platinum 1k, USAA Amex classic 1k,
Message 29 of 97
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

I just think it's unfortunate because I like having the freedom to check my credit report daily. This service comes in handy especially when you're dealing with lenders that say they won't shop your credit or do hard pulls etc. Having the ability to check on that kind of thing the very next day has helped me. I personally do not want to have to wait until nearly a month later to see what damage they do today. Not to say that we don't have the ability to check on it if we're denied, but still. It's peace of mind.

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 30 of 97
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.