cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more unlimited pulls with USAA Credit Check Monitoring Premium??

tag
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: No more unlimited pulls with USAA Credit Check Monitoring Premium??

@MontegoMack wrote:

Are people really waiting to be offered the 50% discount? Why not just ask for it? I did and I got it.

No one should be counting on the scores, but rather using the information on the report information that they pull. I sure do hope there aren't people out there relying on their scores provided by USAA CMS to determine credit worthiness or viability.

Yeah I got it too.  I think people don't know how to talk on the phone.   But I just called up and explained that I use the daily pulls every day and monitor when payments post to each of my many credit cards and love the service and would like to keep it going with daily pulls.  No problem.  I said that I have been with USAA for a long time and would appreciate if they gave me some kind of discount.  No problem.  50%.  USAA is so easy to talk to.... definately my favorite bank.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 81 of 97
scmami
Regular Contributor

I called today last minute although I got the email when you guys did. I got the 50% without asking although I would have. I also received some of the best customer service I have ever had! Oh by the way he didn't even bring up the FAKOs, just the alerts.
Current FICOs (Sept 2015) EQ: 666 TU: 663
Message 82 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am going to do one final pull now, just because, then call and cancel.  It stinks because I love keeping an eye on things since the bk.  Hopefully, I can get the discount too.  I am going to ask, that's for sure!

Message 83 of 97
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am going to do one final pull now, just because, then call and cancel.  It stinks because I love keeping an eye on things since the bk.  Hopefully, I can get the discount too.  I am going to ask, that's for sure!

You need to call and ask for daily pulls and a discount, not call to cancel.   USAA's customer service will generally do their best to get you what you want to the best of their ability.  If you call and say that you would like to cancel, they are not going to try to persuade you to do something else, they will just help you cancel because that is what you asked for.   If you like the service and would like to keep it at a discount, then you should specifically ask for that.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 84 of 97
scmami
Regular Contributor

@DaveSignal, I agree they are very helpful!
Current FICOs (Sept 2015) EQ: 666 TU: 663
Message 85 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dave,  thanks for the advice!   They did offer me the 50% off and said they'd note my account and I would need to call back tomorrow so it could go into effect.  I'm only planning on keeping it until by bk discharges.  I may not even need it now since all of my accounts are reported as  IIB with 0 balances.  I think I'll just keep it one more month. 

Message 86 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting thing just happened....

I forgot to call back like I was supposed to on Tuesday.  The guy I spoke with on Tuesday said the rate would be $16 something or other a month for the unlimited pulls.  Well this guy I talked to today (who was super nice), added the $9.99 to my $12.25 plan, and gave me 50% off the total, bringing my monthly total to $11.12 per month.  He said it was only for 6 months, but he'd note my account and for me to call back at the beginning of April and tell them I want to continue the discount.  

Maybe you all can call back and get the same thing, only a dollar cheaper!  Hope this helps someone!!

Message 87 of 97
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I forgot to call back like I was supposed to on Tuesday.  The guy I spoke with on Tuesday said the rate would be $16 something or other a month for the unlimited pulls.  Well this guy I talked to today (who was super nice), added the $9.99 to my $12.25 plan, and gave me 50% off the total, bringing my monthly total to $11.12 per month.  He said it was only for 6 months, but he'd note my account and for me to call back at the beginning of April and tell them I want to continue the discount.  

Maybe you all can call back and get the same thing, only a dollar cheaper!  Hope this helps someone!!

So unlimited EX only pulls or all 3 ? I suppose either way its not bad in compairson to what they're doing to us who arent asking

Message 88 of 97
chasmith
Valued Contributor

I supposedly got one of the discount plans to keep unlimited pulls.  I can pull daily but only see the monthly summary report, will need to call in to see what's up.  The whole point for me is to see when things have reported across all three CRAs, I I can't get that on demand I don't need the service.

BK7 Filed 8/11/2009 Discharged 11/23/2009. Purchased new home 4/11/2012
Starting Score:11/16/2009 EQ 566 11/16/2009 TU 538
Interim Score: 12/27/2012 EQ 683 09/17/2012 EX (lender) 670 1/01/2013 TU 701
Current Score: 11/06/2013 EQ 708 11/06/2013 EX 702 11/16/2013 702 11/06/2013 TU 729
Goal Score: EQ 740 EX 740 TU 740
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 89 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AF_23 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So unlimited EX only pulls or all 3 ? I suppose either way its not bad in compairson to what they're doing to us who arent asking

For all 3

Message 90 of 97
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.