Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non Authorized Inq Letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Non Authorized Inq Letter

I don't understand the need for a credit pull on a checking or savings account AT ALL. It's not a request for new credit, unless one asks for say an overdraft protection LOC.

They can pull ChexSystems. It's more than adequate.

They do it because they're %$#@!*

Message 91 of 107
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I agree!

Noah_Bodie wrote:

I don't understand the need for a credit pull on a checking or savings account AT ALL. It's not a request for new credit, unless one asks for say an overdraft protection LOC.

They can pull ChexSystems. It's more than adequate.

They do it because they're %$#@!*

Message 92 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

So, I pulled up my credit report today and I have a credit card charge off that went to collections from when I was in college, about 3 years ago.  The collections account is from "CAVALRY PORTFOLIO SVCS".  I have 2 hard pulls from "CAVALRY PORTFOLIO SVCS" within the past year and 2 more pulls from "CAVALRY INVESTMENTS", which I'm guessing is a sister company.  I'm assuming that they are just trying to show as many hard pulls as possible to bring down my FICO score even further.

Would I be in the right to send this letter to Cavalry investments?  They appear no where else in my credit report, except in my regular inquiries section.

Message Edited by clay on 05-01-2009 11:04 PM
Message 93 of 107
92SelfMade
Contributor

Are we suppose to include SSN in letter or just dates and cra and dates

Message 94 of 107
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@92SelfMade wrote:

Are we suppose to include SSN in letter or just dates and cra and dates

I personally wouldn't include it. If they did have an inquiry, then that CA or OC would already have my name and address from that pull.

Message 95 of 107
payingoffdebt001
Frequent Contributor

A hard inquiry just showed up on my Experian from a Collection Company Phillips & Cohen Assoc.  Never heard of them and I have no clue what its for.  It could be someone working for Santander - which is a closed Charge off Auto loan on my reports and almost out of SOL's.  But I'm surprised they didn't do a Soft Pull. I'm saying it could be associated with Santander because last year one of their collection agencies did this to me and its still on my reports.  They told me that they did not buy the account from Santander that they are just working on behalf of  to collect.  And this Collection agency never did show up as a collection account - this auto charge off stayed under Santander as it is today. 

Should I send the LETTER or wait and see what Letter I may be getting from them and then send the PP Letter? 

Message 96 of 107
mrclassicrecord
Established Member

Thanks so much for your template letter to dispute non-authorized or non-permissiable purpose inquiries.

I plan on sending this letter to 7 Collection Agencies that have hit me with Hard pulls, 4 on TransUnion and 4 on Experian mainly over a one year period, the oldest was from 7/15/2011. One of them hit me with two hard pulls. 

Most of these inquiries are from collection agencies that claim credit cards, and a student loan, I haven't paid on since 8/2007. I haven't communicated with any of them since 2007, 3 of them have left messages on my answering machine and about 5 have sent mailed notice letters over the years. 

If I contact these agencies with this letter to have them remove their Hard Pull Inquiries, will it count as contact with them and add another 5 to 10 year extension to when the SOL will expire?

I have watched most others cards I owed on over the years reach their statute of Limitation 5, 7 to 10 years and get taken off my reports. Though I heard New York has a SOL of 5 years. I want to wait them out and hope that time will soon have them removed from my reports and the collection agencies cease their collection attempts, except of course the Student Loans which to my understanding must be paid back and I plan to when I am re-employed. I am self employed and low income at the moment.

Thank you for any help you can provide in this matter.

Starting Score:(11/11/2012)604
Current Score:
FNBO EX (9/05/2014)682, Credit Karma (10/07/2014)699,Equifax (08/12/2014)742
Goal Score:850 Gardening 8-25-2014
Message 97 of 107
Danizzle
New Contributor

Has anyone had success with this letter? I was checking my CR and noticed a HP that I didn't not authorize nor had any knowledge about. It was dated 6.28.12 from roadloans.com.

Thanks!

All FICO scores as of 9.1.14: Exp 744, Eq 745, TU 764
Goal: 800+ across the board
Message 98 of 107
falzool
Valued Member

The letter seems like it would prevoke someone. Has anyone actually had success using this format?

Message 99 of 107
falzool
Valued Member

Honestly this sounds more polite. What do you guys think

Re:  Unauthorized Credit Inquiry

Dear American Express,

I recently received a copy of my Experian credit report.  The credit 
    report showed a credit inquiry by your company that I do not recall 
    authorizing. I understand that you shouldn't be allowed to put an 
    inquiry on my file unless I have authorized it.  Please have this 
    inquiry removed from my credit file because it is making it very 
    difficult for me to acquire credit.

I have sent this letter certified mail because I need your prompt 
    response to this issue.  Please be so kind as to forward me 
    documentation that you have had the unauthorized inquiry removed.

If you find that I am remiss, and you did have my authorization to 
    inquire into my credit report, then please send me proof of this.

Thanking you in advance,
Message 100 of 107
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.