Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non CHEXSYSTEMS & TELECHECK Banks?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Non CHEXSYSTEMS & TELECHECK Banks?

Actually I know many that have been turned down by charter one even though the debt was paid ... apparently they will consider approving if the account is paid but it also depends on how old the report is as well as what the report indicates (account abuse, fraud ) are 2 that they will more than likely deny
Message 31 of 43
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I don't blame any bank for not wanting to open up an account with anyone who is involved in *fraud* or *account abuse*.  If your checks are paid, and you have the letter...speak to the manager, it shouldn't be a problem.

DH had one that was in the past year.  He just opened up two accounts with Charter One. 
Message 32 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't agree with you more but unfortunatelty many times banks that report people to chexsystems will report these vague indicators such as " account abuse or fraud" when there is no basis for them. There have been so many people reported because they accepted a check from someone that turned out to be a bad check. Although no fault of their own, they are reported for fraudulent activity.

This situation is extremely common with small business owners. I always suggest to them that they never accept checks but unfortunately most are not aware of such policies for banks to report fraudulent activity when it is no fault of their own. I have seen people reported for account abuse when there is no basis and it was simply an error that caused an " NFS"

Message 33 of 43
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

The OP has asked for help on opening a personal acct while in chex, no business account was mentioned.

OP:  Call around to a couple of credit unions.  While doing research for this board, I called the local Firefighters CU.  They will open an account, IF you have a letter from the bank stating that you paid your checks and fees.  I believe they have about 2800 branches all across the USA.

Message 34 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand the OP was not asking about business accounts. I was responding to your post. I was trying to explain that there are people that are reported to chexystems for account abuse and fraud even though it is not their own fault. The OP posted back in 2007... and did not state where they live. Options on non-chexsystems banks really depend on where you live.

Many credit unions will make exceptions if fraud is not listed on the report. There are many factors involved when making the decision.
Message 35 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase bank has a checking account that just allows you to have direct deposit and debit card and online banking features.  The only problem is that you cant make ATM  deposits and you cant write out checks cuz they dont provide you checks at all. 

Its design to help thoses who are in chexsystems.

Hope this helps

Message 36 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes Chase is on my list as well. Of Course I can not list all the banks fro every state. Here are some banks that will give accounts to those on chexsystems regardless of where you live.

People's Cash Solutions (they will give anyone an account, they use chexsystems but they will not turn anyone reported down)

Transportation Alliance Bank (they formerly used chexsystems but is not using it at this time..no one is turned down ) - they also offer business accounts

ING Direct (does not use chexsystems but the checking account is credit based)

that is just naming the more popular ones. As I said, if anyone needs help, they can PM me here or email me  and I will be glad to help
Message 37 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great info here, thanks y'all!  So how do I get a Telecheck printout?  Maybe it's just 'cause it's 4:30 a.m., but I can't even find it on google right now...
Message 38 of 43
NikJ4
Established Contributor

ok, just a try....Go ONLINE and apply with BofA. They pull (EX). Let me know. I hooked a friend up with that method and it worked for her.
Message 39 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank Of America uses chexystems as well but right now they are approving just about everyone with negative reports on chex. If you owe Bank of America from a previous past account, they may open it but will close it at a later time
Message 40 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.