Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OLLO mid-cycle reporting?

tag
nwa479
Regular Contributor

OLLO mid-cycle reporting?

I've had an Ollo card since August 2019 with no issues, but I had the card paid off so I missed any issues with their recent system glitch.  Until today.   They just reported my statement balance to TU in the middle of the month with a balance.  They may have done this because there had been no report on the last two statement dates of Feb 7 and March 7.   

This mid month post makes it difficult to achieve AZEO when I don't know when they are reporting.  It also could had adversely affected my credit if reporting a high utilization on that card.  Luckily I was only at about 5 percent.  I'm going to call their customer service and find out when they will be reporting going forward.  Also going to keep my usage lower or pay more frequently.  

Has anyone else with this card had a mid cycle report to the credit bureaus?

Active cards

Goal Cards (Gardening until April 24)

My Fico Scores

Banks and Credit Unions:
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: OLLO mid-cycle reporting?

Did you make a large purchase? Lenders sometimes send out a beacon to other lenders. If unusual, or not a normal spend pattern. Synchrony is the king of reporting large purchases, and multiple times a month, especially on new accounts.

Message 2 of 7
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Its this very thing that raises trust issues for me. If i see it they immediately get PIF and then sockdrawered then (closed at consumers request)

Tricksters out to quash efforts for cardholders to manage their own credit evenly. Bahhhh

I don't tolerate it-no user needs be hostage to shenanigans

Message 3 of 7
nwa479
Regular Contributor

@blindambition  I had not made any large purchases. The highest was gas for 58.  My guess is they are playing catch up since they didn't report to the credit bureaus since Jan 7th.  I had a zero statement balance in Jan, Feb, and Mar so I just assumed the next time it reported it would be zero.  

Definitely something to watch because a large transaction just before their report date could have dropped my scores.  

I have a couple more pending transactions but will pay the balance to zero ASAP then use a different card until they report zero.  My guess is they will post again on the normal statement date of around April 7th.  

I lucked out and missed all of the issues last month.  Thought it was a good card but concerned now.  I don't need any hiccups in my score because of their unpredictability. 

Active cards

My Fico Scores

Banks and Credit Unions:
Message 4 of 7
FantumGrey
Regular Contributor

Ollo hasn't updated my information to the CBs since the CO debacle. I'm not very happy about that since they gave me a $1400 CLI after, and I've paid my balance down. My utilization looks much higher than what it is because of them. My regular statement date is coming up so I'm hoping they finally rectify the situation soon.

Message 5 of 7
nwa479
Regular Contributor

@FantumGrey They updated mine on 3/16.  I would think they'd get yours corrected and update now, or at least at the statement date.  If they update mid cycle please post back here.  I'm going to call them tomorrow to see what the plan is. 

Active cards

My Fico Scores

Banks and Credit Unions:
Message 6 of 7
nwa479
Regular Contributor

I contacted Ollo customer service about the mid-cycle report to the CBs.  The customer service rep indicated that they would be back to normal reporting as of the statement date starting with this next statement date.  Others may have different statement dates.  Mine will report on April 6th.   I will continue to use this card in the future primarily for the 2% cash back on gas, grocery, and pharmacy, but will make sure my total does not go over 29% utilization for now in case they have any more issues.  

I also asked them how they handle credit line increases.  They don't accept requests for CLI but periodically review the account.  I've had the card for almost two years and have had regular increases.  They've been using Experian Fico9 score for monitoring the account.  

Active cards

My Fico Scores

Banks and Credit Unions:
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.