Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Auto Loans not reporting correctly

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old Auto Loans not reporting correctly

I have found that two old auto loans I had back in 2005 which are closed, balance is zero and was included in my bankruptcy that was final in 10/08 are still being used in the calculation that Transunion produces for total monthly payments.  They are reporting their status as derogatory, zero balance and closed. 

I have contact both Transunion and the Credit Union multiple times to fix the issue and no one seems to know why the balance is being used in the total of monthly payments.   These two amounts alot for over $450 of a $600 monthly amount .....

Any thoughts on how I can fix this issue.

Thanks ...

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Old Auto Loans not reporting correctly

bump

How does it list in your TU FICO report? Does the payment show in the line item "Scheduled payment amount" within the account?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes,  on each account the scheduled amount shows the amount of the old payment.  This is also true of all my other car loans which now show closed.   Its just these two where the status shows as derogatory and not closed. 

Both TU and the credit union are saying they are being reported as closed .....  

Thanks ..

Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'm checking on something and will get back to you, but my only closed loan also shows the monthly amount in that same field for both TU and EQ. This has no bearing on my score or DTI as considered by a lender.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.