Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where to find letter for OC?

tag
mt2va
Established Contributor

where to find letter for OC?

I need a sample letter to send to an OC.  I did a search & see many references to an "OC investigation letter" but have yet to have found the actual letter.  Can anyone help me out?  I have already disputed with the 3 CRA & am awaiting my results but have a feeling it will come back verified because I just got a letter in the mail from this creditor a week after I sent my disputes & have never got anything in the mail from them before. 
Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: where to find letter for OC?

Some people have used an "OC Letter" to challenge the validity of a debt with the OC:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&message.id=63872&query.id=136...

IMO, the letter is wrong, legally, but has worked for some.

Message 2 of 3
Guardian
Valued Contributor

Re: where to find letter for OC?

+1, Agreed, this is not that good of a letter and gets alot of the legal references wrong and you might want to edit it before using it as is. You could also just write a straight forward request in your own words and be fine too. As always recommended, keep it simple, to the point and don't give any more than you absolutely must.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.