cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old address reported as current on Equifax only

Your FICO® Scores can impact your loan interest rates, terms, approvals and more.
New Visitor

Old address reported as current on Equifax only

I moved July 2017 from my old place. I ordered a copy of my credit reports from all 3 bureaus on June 2018. Equifax is the only one that had my old address that was reported on Oct 2015, which is correct because I was still living there at that time. I ordered my Equifax report again on Dec 28th, 2018, the old address shows with a report date of Sept 2018. I called Equifax to find out which creditor is reporting this address and was told they have no idea. The rep also informed me that the address was reported again on Jan 3, 2019. 

I have never used my old address for any of my creditors. I did find out in 2015 that Mercedes Benz Financial was the one reporting the old address. Not sure why they reported my garaging address to Equifax. I changed my address and it was no longer on my report. I am concerned that this address is being reported as current, worried about identity theft. I do have a credit freeze on my file and there are no new accounts on my file. Is there anyway I can find out who is reporting my old address? Has anyone else experience an old address reported as current?

TIA

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Regular Contributor

Re: Old address reported as current on Equifax only

@DodgerFan1 wrote:

I moved July 2017 from my old place. I ordered a copy of my credit reports from all 3 bureaus on June 2018. Equifax is the only one that had my old address that was reported on Oct 2015, which is correct because I was still living there at that time. I ordered my Equifax report again on Dec 28th, 2018, the old address shows with a report date of Sept 2018. I called Equifax to find out which creditor is reporting this address and was told they have no idea. The rep also informed me that the address was reported again on Jan 3, 2019. 

I have never used my old address for any of my creditors. I did find out in 2015 that Mercedes Benz Financial was the one reporting the old address. Not sure why they reported my garaging address to Equifax. I changed my address and it was no longer on my report. I am concerned that this address is being reported as current, worried about identity theft. I do have a credit freeze on my file and there are no new accounts on my file. Is there anyway I can find out who is reporting my old address? Has anyone else experience an old address reported as current?

TIA

I have this issue with TU going on 3 years now. I have to send them my ID and utility bill every six months.

Ive also contacted lenders at great lengths, all reporting correct address. Although, many supervisors have said different departments can use different systems. Also the merging of old systems to new systems can trigger this.

I wish you luck, but can’t tell you that it will get corrected.

Your chosen approach can dictate what will be your final outcome. Be proactive, not reactive-
Message 2 of 2