Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oldest Active/Open Credit Account Keeps Falling Off TransUnion

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

Oldest Active/Open Credit Account Keeps Falling Off TransUnion

I know that there are lots of reports of people describing weird reporting instances with TU. For a while my score has dropped and then gained the points back consistently for several months. Now for the past few weeks its not changing as frequent but my oldest credit account, Amex with an opened date of 3/2003 has fallen off TU and has not reappeared. This has happened with TU before, but the card has showed back up again with in a day or two. This of course has impacted my FICO score enough and  has dropped my AAOA pretty signifigantly too. 

My question is, does your credit report eventually become too full of accounts that it would start dropping the oldest accounts to make from for the new ones? I know with TU and hardpull/softpulls this can happen, as your inquiries section can become full. But I wouldnt think that would translate over into your acccount history? I am just hoping the amex reappears sometime soon lol. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Oldest Active/Open Credit Account Keeps Falling Off TransUnion

@ddemari wrote:

I know that there are lots of reports of people describing weird reporting instances with TU. For a while my score has dropped and then gained the points back consistently for several months. Now for the past few weeks its not changing as frequent but my oldest credit account, Amex with an opened date of 3/2003 has fallen off TU and has not reappeared. This has happened with TU before, but the card has showed back up again with in a day or two. This of course has impacted my FICO score enough and  has dropped my AAOA pretty signifigantly too. 

My question is, does your credit report eventually become too full of accounts that it would start dropping the oldest accounts to make from for the new ones? I know with TU and hardpull/softpulls this can happen, as your inquiries section can become full. But I wouldnt think that would translate over into your acccount history? I am just hoping the amex reappears sometime soon lol. 

Where are you getting your data from in this case?  If the account is still open it should still be there though there's been lots of stories of TU problems as of late.  Pull your annualcreditreport or similar access to the base TU dataset and see if it's there or not if you haven't done that already.

Otherwise just wait for the next statement probably will be back.

        
Message 2 of 3
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Oldest Active/Open Credit Account Keeps Falling Off TransUnion

@Revelate wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

Where are you getting your data from in this case?  If the account is still open it should still be there though there's been lots of stories of TU problems as of late.  Pull your annualcreditreport or similar access to the base TU dataset and see if it's there or not if you haven't done that already.

Otherwise just wait for the next statement probably will be back.

Thanks for your reply Revelate. I pulled my report from my transunion.com membership and also pulled a fico TU report from the site. Usually amex charge card shows up at the bottom of both reports, its gone from both. I havent looked on the actual transunion site where you can dispute stuff. Ill hope it come back after the next statement. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.