cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only a 12pt. increase from all this.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only a 12pt. increase from all this.....

Hi and Thank you in advance for your replies. In the month of May I have removed 6 collections( all were with in a 4 year time frame) and 1- 30 day late from my report. This leaves a 30 and 60 day late payment from Jan. and Feb of 2017 ( goodwill letter sent today) and 1 collection (from Dec. 2017) on my report (reached settlement will pay off next check). Also paid CC from 103% uti to 62% uti( only two have hit my reports, waiting on 2 others that report around the 27th. So does anyone know why I only got a 12 pt increase so far? Also when the other 2 CC report their balance shouldn't I get a huge bump? Once again Thanks for your replies and you guys/girls are awesome.  Thanks for all the help.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

Re: Only a 12pt. increase from all this.....

Lots of times you won't get much of an increase when you still have baddies left on it. Collections will keep you in a dirty scorecard so any gains will be muted until you can get the other ones gone.

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 2 of 8
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@dynamicvb wrote:

Lots of times you won't get much of an increase when you still have baddies left on it. Collections will keep you in a dirty scorecard so any gains will be muted until you can get the other ones gone.

^^^ this exactly.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 8
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi and Thank you in advance for your replies. In the month of May I have removed 6 collections( all were with in a 4 year time frame) and 1- 30 day late from my report. This leaves a 30 and 60 day late payment from Jan. and Feb of 2017 ( goodwill letter sent today) and 1 collection (from Dec. 2017) on my report (reached settlement will pay off next check). Also paid CC from 103% uti to 62% uti( only two have hit my reports, waiting on 2 others that report around the 27th. So does anyone know why I only got a 12 pt increase so far? Also when the other 2 CC report their balance shouldn't I get a huge bump? Once again Thanks for your replies and you guys/girls are awesome.  Thanks for all the help.

Actually OP, a 12-point increase is not too shabby. 

However, to help you understand better what is happening, here is a link that will describe what you're experiencing (rebucketing):

https://rebuildcreditscores.com/fico-scorecard-buckets/

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Actually OP, a 12-point increase is not too shabby. 

However, to help you understand better what is happening, here is a link that will describe what you're experiencing (rebucketing):

https://rebuildcreditscores.com/fico-scorecard-buckets/

No rebucketing here, with a 60D late and a collection still left didn't wind up shifting buckets.

Basically as others have stated each additional collection or late (or even tax lien) is a very small ding if any... the first is ugly and buckets the file, the additional ones don't count for much at all so I'm not surprised by the 12 point movement which actually isn't bad.

        
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Diminishing returns.  The biggest score gain comes when the final major baddie (collection in this case) goes away.

If that was an overall utilization change from maxed out down around 40% you will see a nice score gain once all accounts report.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I settled with the collection agency which was kind of strange. He said he couldn't accept a PFD but then he said when I pay the settlement they will remove it. I said well that's a PFD. He then said if I offer you a PFD I could lose my job, then said listen to what i'm saying, when you pay the settlement we will remove it. Whispering do you understand what i'm saying. Well since the sol still has 3 years left, I just said ok and schedule the payment. I guess I'll find out when it's paid in two weeks. As far as to the 30/60 day late payments it's Fingerhut. They are not moving. I wrote a GW letter and sent it certified mail today and will reprint the letter and keep sending it to every address I can find for them. The late payment were due to a medical issue that almost cost me my life. I still have a account with them and have made all my payment early since March of 2017. Those are the only things left on my report. Now in June my CC will be paid down to 29% maybe lower. Only time will tell. Thanks for your help.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I settled with the collection agency which was kind of strange. He said he couldn't accept a PFD but then he said when I pay the settlement they will remove it. I said well that's a PFD. He then said if I offer you a PFD I could lose my job, then said listen to what i'm saying, when you pay the settlement we will remove it. Whispering do you understand what i'm saying. Well since the sol still has 3 years left, I just said ok and schedule the payment. I guess I'll find out when it's paid in two weeks.

That sounds a bit silly and sketchy.  I would ask for the verbal agreement in writing just so that you have recourse if they don't follow through.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.