Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original Creditor admits error! Collections won'[t remove

tag
senseidab
New Contributor

Original Creditor admits error! Collections won'[t remove

Please I am in dire need of good advise. I have tried three times to have a collection removed with experian and  equifax.  The Original Creditor wrote me a letter stating that my account was reported in error to the collections agency.  Equifax refuses to accept letter because the collection agency keeps reporting the account as a collection in spite of the Original creditors letter stating otherwise....any suggestions? TY
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
senseidab
New Contributor

Re: Original Creditor admits error! Collections won'[t remove

I even made an FTC Complaint. They said they would look into it..its been a month nothing yet!
Message 2 of 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Did you show the CA the letter from the OC? That should be enough to get them to delete. No need to even involve EQ. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

senseidab wrote:
I even made an FTC Complaint. They said they would look into it..its been a month nothing yet!

The FTC doesn't resolve individual complaints, so it's unlikely you'll hear from them.  It they get enough complaints about an individual company (OC, CA, CRA, etc.) they may investigate it and take action.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.