Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPMC Reporting Incorrectly?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PPMC Reporting Incorrectly?

Hi MyFico Fam,

Yesterday, I received an alert that a new account had been reported to Equifax - my PPMC I was approved for on 03/28/2020. However, when I went to view details of the account, at the very bottom I noticed where it says “First reported” reports an incorrect date of 03/01/2020. I am so confused. Does anyone with this card have experience with something like this?

DBC707A3-B26B-46EB-ACFB-509226823C07.png

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PPMC Reporting Incorrectly?

Eq always reports the first tof the month first reported nvm thinking of Experian disregard

Screenshot_20200402-200307.jpg

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no experience with this card,  however Experian does this with pretty much ALL of my cards.  State it was last reported/whatever on the first of the month and not the actual/correct dates.  It got updated on the 6th?  Well guess what, Experian says it was the 1st! 

Perfect example BECU card I just opened.

Screenshot_19.jpg

I scroll through my accounts and literally every one, has a report date of March 01, 2020.

EDIT:  I realize you're speaking about EQ, but I've noticed when I do the full reports, some of them do the same thing of showing a report date of the 1st opposed to when it actually was reported.  Think they're just getting lazy because I'm fairly certain I used to actually see the correct report dates in the not so distant past.

Message 3 of 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Some CRAs like EX always list first day of the month as opening date, regardless of which day during the month card was opened.

That doesnt mean the actual date is not stored, you can see it on your free annual credit report.

TU places the actual date account was opened on reports, and I cannot remember what EQ does, because EQ 😐

Because aging happens in the 1st of the month, your card is now a month old for scoring purposes 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

Some CRAs like EX always list first day of the month as opening date, regardless of which day during the month card was opened.

That doesnt mean the actual date is not stored, you can see it on your free annual credit report.

TU places the actual date account was opened on reports, and I cannot remember what EQ does, because EQ 😐

Because aging happens in the 1st of the month, your card is now a month old for scoring purposes 

Sweet! I'm not complaining! The account is not even a week old and is now a month old Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.