Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRO HELP PLEASE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PRO HELP PLEASE

the collection agency "178yc12511" was hired to collect a debt of $825 originally owed to Providian Bank on account number D123283N1XXXX".

CA  178yc12511

Orig Bal $825

Curr. Bal 1,981

status  Unpaid

date assigned april 2006

date reported jan 2007

date last active jan 2005

org lender providian bank

I already disputed with equifax DOLA BAL  should i write DV? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PRO HELP PLEASE

What was the DOLA? You need to give the dispute some time to work. I disputed something along the same lines - oh, lets see - about four days ago. This stuff doesn't happen overnight. Also, CC accounts will continue to acrue interest until they are charged off, even when thet are placed with a CA.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

By all means the second you receive a notice from the CA that purchased the account, you should DB them and if you get just a "statement" send a second DV requesting for the documentation bearing your signature, their authority to collect - which means they need to prove they can collect...I have never in my life seen this type of documentation.  CAs just continue to add fees - every month this stinking CA increases my debt (OC Providian).  It was SOLD to this company and from what I've found on the internet, when an account is years old, it goes for a penny on the dollar or less.

Do not forget to send CMRRRSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

secchange wrote:

the collection agency "178yc12511" was hired to collect a debt of $825 originally owed to Providian Bank on account number D123283N1XXXX".

CA  178yc12511

Orig Bal $825

Curr. Bal 1,981

status  Unpaid

date assigned april 2006

date reported jan 2007

date last active jan 2005

org lender providian bank

I already disputed with equifax DOLA BAL  should i write DV? 

Is there an address and phone number listed for this CA on your CR?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No the way i have it listed is the way that it appears on my CR. 
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.