Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid Medical Collection removed

tag
2B770
Valued Member

Paid Medical Collection removed

Looks like the removal of all paid medical collections has started.  I only had one collection (it was paid) on my file .. and it was removed today. 

Experian +46 points

TransUn +45 points

Equifax  +52 points

That single collection was holding me below 700.  Now I'm at 732-ex | 725-tu | 739-eq.   I am finally among the 700 club! In fact, I'm in the 720+ club.  How about that!  Finally.  This has been my goal since July 2018.  I had this collection and a lot of late mtg payments (total 33) holding me back.  Now I'm at no collections, low utilization, and 27 late payments on mtg (last late was 4 years ago)

Fico 8 Scores
July 2018:
Sept 2018:
Aug 2019:

Fico 8 GOAL:

Fico 9 Scores
Aug 2018:
Aug 2019:

Fico 9 GOAL:

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Ceewin
Regular Contributor

Re: Paid Medical Collection removed

@2B770 wrote:

Looks like the removal of all paid medical collections has started.  I only had one collection (it was paid) on my file .. and it was removed today.  My score jumped 46 points.  Wow.  That single collection was holding me below 700.  Now I'm at 732.   I am finally among the 700 club!  

@2B770  Woohoo!  That's awesome!  46 points! Smiley Surprised  Great!! Smiley Happy

Was it removed from all three CB's?

Message 2 of 12
2B770
Valued Member

No...

a. Removed from Experian on 6/25 (reported by MyFico, saw 46point Fico score increase). 

b. Removed from Equifax on 6/28 (reported by Credit Karma, saw 11 point vantage score increase)

c. NOT removed from Transunion yet

Fico 8 Scores
July 2018:
Sept 2018:
Aug 2019:

Fico 8 GOAL:

Fico 9 Scores
Aug 2018:
Aug 2019:

Fico 9 GOAL:

Message 3 of 12
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@2B770 wrote:

Looks like the removal of all paid medical collections has started.  I only had one collection (it was paid) on my file .. and it was removed today.  My score jumped 46 points.  Wow.  That single collection was holding me below 700.  Now I'm at 732.   I am finally among the 700 club!  

Thats super cool news! I logged in to see if anyone received an alert about this.

I received an alert about a paid med collection being removed from TU.

I have 3 pretty small paid med collections so hopefully the other 2 vanish as well.

Congrats on the removal and score increase!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 4 of 12
2B770
Valued Member

I logged in today and my Equifax just dropped my paid medical collection; my score went up 50 points.  TransUnion hasn't done anything yet. 

So to recap Experian 46points. Equifax 50 points. Nothing on TU yet

Fico 8 Scores
July 2018:
Sept 2018:
Aug 2019:

Fico 8 GOAL:

Fico 9 Scores
Aug 2018:
Aug 2019:

Fico 9 GOAL:

Message 5 of 12
nwa479
Regular Contributor

I had a paid medical collection removed from all three CBs in the last couple of days.   Will be curious to see what happens to the rest of my scores.  My Fico 9,10 may not be affected since I don't believe they count paid collections.  

Scores for Fico 8 changed as follows

EQ - Up 58 - 740 to 798

TU - Up 27 - 699 to 726

EX - Up 33 - 695 to 728

Active cards

Goal Cards (Gardening until April 24)

My Fico Scores

Banks and Credit Unions:
Message 6 of 12
ambivalent
Established Contributor

Congrats!!!!!!

Someone should start a new thread with all of these removals for data purposes!

I received an alert today that TU removed mine and I gained 4 points. On CK, my TU (FAKO I know) dropped 52 points Smiley LOL

The other 2 bureaus removed them a few days ago, but I got no alert on those and no updated score. I pulled on Experian's site and my EX8 went up 7 points to 642.   

I do have two collections remaining - one medical, currently under dispute because I paid it, and one other paid that will remain for awhile.

Congrats to everyone with the great score increases! I can't wait to see how other's scores increase!

Aiming for 700 across FICO 8 and $150K TCL
Message 7 of 12
nwa479
Regular Contributor

@ambivalent   Per your suggestion,  I started a new thread under the Understanding Fico scoring section.  

Active cards

Goal Cards (Gardening until April 24)

My Fico Scores

Banks and Credit Unions:
Message 8 of 12
2B770
Valued Member

All of my scores are in.  I only had one collection...which happened to be a paid medical collection.  My scores all jumped 40+

a) Experian jumped 46

b) TransUnion jumped 45

c) Equifax jumped 51

So now I have zero collections.  My utilization was already 12%.   I'm pretty happy.  I've had a personal goal of 720 credit score across the board and now I'm at Ex-732 | TU-725 | Eq-739.   Hopefully I'll reach 740 across the board soon. 

Fico 8 Scores
July 2018:
Sept 2018:
Aug 2019:

Fico 8 GOAL:

Fico 9 Scores
Aug 2018:
Aug 2019:

Fico 9 GOAL:

Message 9 of 12
Stone1982
Established Member

How old was this collection account?

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.