Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal new Password

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Paypal new Password

Hey guys, i was trying to login this morning but kept getting screen to change password for my security as they say they have seen some unusual activity. Only thing ive done unusal lately was try that Puffin web browser mentioned by @Anonymous . I did notice the last time it was wicked slow etc. I want to make sure this is legit how do i do so? Also anyone with a number i can call? Not sure if i call CS, Paypsl MC or what. Hopefully i can get some guidance here before i moveSmiley Wink. Thsnk you, AJC
6 REPLIES 6
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: Paypal new Password

What is the web address displayed when it prompts you to update your password?

Is it your FIs or is it iwanttostealyourfinancialinfomationanddrainyouraccount dot biz?

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm that’s weird. I haven’t had any issues with PayPal in a long time. Are you trying to log in with Puffin? I would fire up your native browser, type in PayPal.com and try to log in there. If that prompts you to change your password, go ahead and do it.

Puffin uses a proxy server to download the full webpage and send it to you. It’s possible that PayPal thinks it’s suspicious if you’re logging in from PR too. I would really only use Puffin for CLI requests and a regular browser for everything else.
Message 3 of 7
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

I used that Puffin browser as well so I could get the desktop page for PayPal. I haven't had any issues logging in or asked to change my password yet. 

I am pretty sad that they're going to be discontinuing that browser in October, though. I don't know how else to access the desktop for PayPal. 

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 4 of 7
outofcredit
Established Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Hey guys, i was trying to login this morning but kept getting screen to change password for my security as they say they have seen some unusual activity. Only thing ive done unusal lately was try that Puffin web browser mentioned by @Anonymous . I did notice the last time it was wicked slow etc. I want to make sure this is legit how do i do so? Also anyone with a number i can call? Not sure if i call CS, Paypsl MC or what. Hopefully i can get some guidance here before i moveSmiley Wink. Thsnk you, AJC

My daughter and I both got the same splash screen advising we needed to change our password for security reasons.  Hers  even mentioned her password had been detected on other various online accounts.  How Paypal would know that I'm not sure.  Anyway,  she ignored the request and I actually changed mine.  This was about 3 weeks ago.  So far neither of us has had any issues with PayPal or our credit accounts associated with the account.  I do a lot of financial transactions thru PayPal so I login daily and so far nothing is amiss.  Maybe they are systematically asking account holders to change their passwords due to so many recent breaches at other financial institutions.

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Come to think of it, I haven't changed my PP password in about ten years. Never had any issues so far, and have never had a request to change it.

Message 6 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks everyone for replies, i just changed my pw via computer, everything seems ok. Great day, Y'allSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.