Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone balance due on credit score.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Phone balance due on credit score.

Hi Everyone,

I am new to USA, I moved from Australia in September. I got my first sim card from AT & T with my passport as my documents. It was a pre paid one (though AT & T a wireless account). AT & T is expensive and service is not so great. I ported my number from AT & T to mint which is much cheaper. 

However, I do have a bill of 164 dollars in AT & T. I was of the opinion that if I don't pay my service will be suspended but there is an outstanding bill. So, my question does that bill amount affect my credit score. Note that AT & T people don't have my SSN details. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Phone balance due on credit score.

If you owe the bill I suggest you pay it or this will hit your reports .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 6
805orbust
Valued Contributor

+1

It most certainly will hit your credit reports.

Message 3 of 6
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Definitely pay it. They will come after you. If you stop paying, yes service will be suspended, but they'll still come after you for that final bill.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I am new to USA, I moved from Australia in September. I got my first sim card from AT & T with my passport as my documents. It was a pre paid one (though AT & T a wireless account). AT & T is expensive and service is not so great. I ported my number from AT & T to mint which is much cheaper. 

However, I do have a bill of 164 dollars in AT & T. I was of the opinion that if I don't pay my service will be suspended but there is an outstanding bill. So, my question does that bill amount affect my credit score. Note that AT & T people don't have my SSN details. 

Thanks

Yes it will wreck your credit.

In any event, you should honor your agreement and pay it.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 5 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Agree with all the comments above, also I'll add that even without your SSN they can still update your credit reports with a collection if you do not pay. 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.