Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone numbers for escalated credit bureau resolution

tag
House2021
Established Contributor

Phone numbers for escalated credit bureau resolution

I saw awhile ago someone had like a higher up escalation team numbers for a couple credit bureaus for dispute, not just the regular dispute line. Can anyone share that number with me please?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

Re: Phone numbers for escalated credit bureau resolution

@House2021 wrote:

I saw awhile ago someone had like a higher up escalation team numbers for a couple credit bureaus for dispute, not just the regular dispute line. Can anyone share that number with me please?

Sorry, I don't know, but perhaps if you provide more details someone will be able to help. For example, which credit bureaus are you referring to? What does the dispute involve?

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 2 of 6
House2021
Established Contributor

Well I had an auto loan from 9 years ago that was literally opened for less than a month, I want to try to get it removed early to improve average age of accounts, the whole thing was fraud by the dealership which is why they ultimately refunded the money to me and repaid the loan within 2 weeks, so while it wasn't a fraudulent loan, the whole thing was due to dealership fraud which penalizes my account age. I also want to see about getting an authorized user auto loan off, nearly 10 years old,  and also there are some date discrepancies between bureaus I want to have corrected. Lastly, there's an authorized user account that has come off of all but Equifax and the account was closed in 2007 so 14 years after closing its till on there! When it came off Experian, I gained 12 points (because it was closed by creditor when my mom filed bankruptcy)

Message 3 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@House2021 wrote:

Well I had an auto loan from 9 years ago that was literally opened for less than a month, I want to try to get it removed early to improve average age of accounts, the whole thing was fraud by the dealership which is why they ultimately refunded the money to me and repaid the loan within 2 weeks, so while it wasn't a fraudulent loan, the whole thing was due to dealership fraud which penalizes my account age. I also want to see about getting an authorized user auto loan off, nearly 10 years old,  and also there are some date discrepancies between bureaus I want to have corrected. Lastly, there's an authorized user account that has come off of all but Equifax and the account was closed in 2007 so 14 years after closing its till on there! When it came off Experian, I gained 12 points (because it was closed by creditor when my mom filed bankruptcy)

Removing an old account like that wont improve your AAoA's. It helps it. The average age of all of your accounts as measured using the same date opened field. For example, if you have two accounts that are 3 years old and 5 years old, your average age of credit is 4 years. So its doing you good for now. If it did go poof. Your AAoA's would drop and then the points go with it. Old accounts do help. No negatives can be left on them after the 7yr period. Keep em as is.

Message 4 of 6
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Don't forget that when looking for information on the forums that there are "pinned" posts at the top of some of the forums which have commonly-used information, @House2021

See these compiled threads for numbers other members have used for backdoor access to both the CRBs and to various lenders.   And, of course, if you find additional or more recent information in your search, don't forget to post about it here so that others may benefit! 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/CRA-Phone-amp-Fax-Numbers/m-p/407647

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Backdoor-Numbers/m-p/408066

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 5 of 6
House2021
Established Contributor

Thank you so very much!! 😀

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.