Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Wedding: Name Change Process for Individual Credit Card Companies

tag
Creditsen
Regular Contributor

Post Wedding: Name Change Process for Individual Credit Card Companies

Anyone have any experience or advice for going through the name change process with their credit cards?

Everything can be done mostly for free (except fees like the cost of a new passport (currently $110) but I paid for a service called Hitchswitch to help make the process smoother and get all the paperwork needed for the major steps. Happy with the service so far!

My current progress: I am just starting the process. I went to the social security office and waited inline with the forms pre filled out, bringing my marriage certificate, old name drivers license, and old name passport. Only my marriage certificate was needed but the form I filled out saved time as I didn't need to be asked many of the interview questions as the answers were on the form. Step two is passport then drivers license.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience or advice for after those phases for individual credit card companies. I currently have Chase, Capital One, PNC, and Discover. Also, any other advice or suggestions from first hand experience is helpful.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Post Wedding: Name Change Process for Individual Credit Card Companies

Once you have your new state ID and Social Security card, everything else should be pretty easy.

Personally, If I ever wanted to take a married name, I'd use it (professionally, social media accounts, etc.) but never actually change it legally.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.