Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QUESTION ABOUT SP's

tag
gettnthere
Established Contributor

QUESTION ABOUT SP's

so i was wondering something. I see a lot of people on here talking about being able to see who is SP their credit reports on multiple different occasions. i consider myself at least half-way intelligent (most of the time)(; but for the life of me i cant seem to be able to do it. i know i can with EQ because im signed up for their credit monitor service and when i print a new report i can see the SP on that but i cant do it with TU. i got TU"s service as well but even if i print out a report it wont show me the SP? its not that big of a deal but id like to see whos watching meSmiley Happy  is there something im missing here or what? thanks in advance to anyone that can shed some lightSmiley Very Happy

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Re: QUESTION ABOUT SP's

Most CMS do not show SP information, only HPs, in the reports they provide.  I've only been able to see this information in reports I look at directly from the CB's.  Generally you have to purchase a new CR from them or goto annualcreditreport.com and receive your Free Yearly Report from each bureau.

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 2 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@BrokaToe wrote:

Most CMS do not show SP information, only HPs, in the reports they provide.  I've only been able to see this information in reports I look at directly from the CB's.  Generally you have to purchase a new CR from them or goto annualcreditreport.com and receive your Free Yearly Report from each bureau.

+1, you'll have to pull directly from the CRAs in order to see soft pulls.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 6
SpiceIslander
Frequent Contributor

I guess when someone does not see a hard pull, they assume soft. Many creditors will also tell you whether it's hard or soft, though not always with 100% accuracy.

Meg.

FICO: 4/2016 - TU 841 | EQ 840 | EX 837

FNBO 23,600 | Amex SPG 13,900 | Amex BCP 13,400 | Barclays/Sallie Mae13,000 | Discover IT 12,500 | Lowes 10,000 | PLOC 9,300 | NASA FCU 8,700 | Citi Simplicity 6,200 | BOA Platinum+ 6,000 | Achieva CU 5,500 | Chase CSP 5,000 | Sam's Club 3,000 | Sears 900
Message 4 of 6
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

In addition to cb's, you can see if your homeowners/car insurance provider is checking on you as well as firms wishing to solicite you with loan or credit offers. Maybe even some "home improvement stuff" as well. In addition, some cc companies routinely check your record to see how you are paying your current accounts to see if they need to reduce your credit limit or even suspend your charging privledges.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Under FCRA 609(a)(5), you can request directly from the CRA "A record of all inquiries received by the agency during the 1-year period preceding the request that identified the consumer in connection with a credit or insurance transaction that was not initiated by the consumer."

If someone with permissible purpose is just "watching you," you can get that info.

That will give most, but not all, so-called "soft inquiries."

It wont provide those for which you initiated a request for credit and could have been reported as a so-called "hard inquiry," but the creditor was somehow able to report it otherwise.  Those types of inquiries totally befuddle me... how a hard-eligible inquiry can be coded as soft. 

But you would be aware of those yourself.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.