Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question About Disputes...

tag
Neblett
Regular Contributor

Question About Disputes...

I did a phone dispute with TU this afternoon. But now I have "disputer's remorse."

Can I call them to ask them to cancel the dispute investigation? I'm afraid that by disputing the status of the item on my report, that it will cause some derogatory comments that were previously deleted to return. I'm mainly concerned because the guy from the call center in India honestly did not understand that I was only disputing the status, which should read as "Closed (Paid)" - he and I were arguing by the end of the phone call because he kept asking me to repeat why I was disputing but I guess he was not able to find a convenient box to check, so he was confused.

Any ideas?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
coachhenson
Regular Contributor

Re: Question About Disputes...

When talking with TU, ALWAYS request a customer service rep from the US, or otherwise, you will keep getting James or Mary in Saudi Arabia...
Message 2 of 4
sl
Established Contributor

I think once your dispute an item on your CR, it cannot be removed. I disputed something on EQ and the dork disputed the wrong account. Once I realized what they did, I called in and spoke with a supervisor and she told me she could not remove the dispute or do anything about it.

I disputed with a letter and they had the letter and was told the dork did dispute the wrong account (took an educated guess) and I had to deal with it. So much for accuracy with these folks.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

coachhenson wrote:
When talking with TU, ALWAYS request a customer service rep from the US, or otherwise, you will keep getting James or Mary in Saudi Arabia...

haha. very true
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.