cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about the way creditors send updates to the bureaus?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about the way creditors send updates to the bureaus?

I was wondering exactly what info the credit card companies send to the bureaus every month. Do they ONLY send that month's activity, or do they have to somehow submit not only that month but the whole history of the tl each time they submit? My common sense tells me that it is the former, but the reason why I ask is because I have heard of cases where a person disputes something from say, 5 years ago, and then the information is deleted, only to reapper back on the credit report a couple of months later. This scenario would lead me to believe that they are regularly updating the entire history of the tl. If the cc companies are only sending the present month's activity, then how would something that was deleted be reported again by them? Does this make any sense?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about the way creditors send updates to the bureaus?

BUMP!!
Message 2 of 4
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
BUMP!!

They see a heck of a lot more than we see on our reports.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you mean by that? Do you mean that they can even see things that have dropped off of people's report even after the 7 year limit? I wouldn't be surprised if that were true.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.