Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for Tuscani

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question for Tuscani

Re:  Reports received from myfico.  Why is the information on the reports different that the information received directly from the CRA?  For example, the EX or EQ tradeline account numbers on myfico are different from the reports I received from the CRA.  Shouldn't the same account numbers be reporting?  What would account for this discrepency?  Another ex would be a collection acct that I have listed on TU.  TU CRA report shows a completely different number than the myfico version of the TU report.  Curious.  TIA
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question for Tuscani

Can you post the TL from both reports so I can compare?
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I will be more than happy to post them, but it probably won't be until morning. I assume that I can cut and paste, right?
Message 3 of 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Yea
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK.  Can't post the actual report I received from the CB, but I can spell out what it reads as an example:

Experian Credit Report from Experian:

1.  US BKPT CT PA Philadelph, identification #031577MAR.  Date filed: Apr 2003, Date resolved Apr. 2005.  Resp: Joint, Claim amt 0.00, liability amount 0.00, Status, Chapt 13 bankruptcy dismissed.  Schedule to continue on record until Apr 2010.

My Fico Experian Report Reads:

1.  Bankruptcy Chapter 13 - dismissed filed on April 2, 2003 Court of law:  Not reported Case Number 6004444 Date filed 4/2/2003 Status:  Not on record Status date: 4/2005 Plaintiff:  Not reported
Defendant:  Not reported

Equifax does the same thing as above.  The report from Equifax reads similar to the experian cra report, but the myfico eq report reads similar to the experian myfico with some whacked out account number and no other information.

True credit reads the same as the reports from the CRA's. 

Trans union does not report the BK [thank God], but insists that I am past due $3002 on 16 accounts, according to the myfico reports.  [I don't even have 16 accounts]  The past due is a charge off from Crap 1 showing $3002 charged off.

There are other discrepencies in the reports, but I think you get the gist. I just don't understand the difference from the myfico site when compared to the actual reports from the CRA's.

BTW, those are not the actual numbers listed on my reports, I changed them for privacy...TIA for any insight that you can provide.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

bumping for Tuscani's response
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, had to bump again for Tuscani Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

My assumption is something is wrong in the way the new MyFICO format is displaying the info (known issue right now). At this point I would base accuracy on what your EX report shows.  Nonetheless, I would still think the account numbers would match (at least partially). Remember, all MyFICO does is pull your reports from the CRAs to calculate a score. You do not have a separate MyFICO report, per say. Have you called MyFICO customer service? 
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I haven't called Myfico.  That'll be on my agenda tomorrow. Thanks.Smiley Very Happy
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.