cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Car Repo

smallfry
Senior Contributor

Question on Car Repo

I had a car repo'd Thanksgiving morning 1999. My last payment was July 1999. I included the loan in my BK that was recorded June 2000. When should the car loan default completely disappear from my CR's? I didn't see it listed on my free TU report dated 4/20/2007 but it did appear on my free reports from EX and EQ. If I have never been contacted by any collection agency can I assume that anything that was included in my BK can not be listed on my reports past the ten year window of the BK recording? Thanks great forum here.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
masdeocho
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question on Car Repo

Must have been a great Thanksgiving -- thanks for nothing, right?!

Correct, the repo should drop no later than the 10-year mark for the BK.  You might get lucky and it will drop sooner.  Check the notations on the CRs -- does it say IIB?  If not, dispute it. 
-----------------
Bartender, bring another round of FICOtinis please!

9.4.2011: TU 805. EQ 815.
Message 2 of 7
Brammy
Moderator Emeritus

smallfry wrote:
I had a car repo'd Thanksgiving morning 1999. My last payment was July 1999. I included the loan in my BK that was recorded June 2000. When should the car loan default completely disappear from my CR's? I didn't see it listed on my free TU report dated 4/20/2007 but it did appear on my free reports from EX and EQ. If I have never been contacted by any collection agency can I assume that anything that was included in my BK can not be listed on my reports past the ten year window of the BK recording? Thanks great forum here.

That should have fallen off by the DOLD +6.  It will probably fall off by July of 07 but if it doesn't just give a EQ rep a call and they can sometimes delete them right on the spot but you will have to go through the dispute process with EX.  On your report it should also show a date scheduled to be removed.

Message 3 of 7
smallfry
Senior Contributor

In retrospect having your car repo'd is quite funny. Thankfully we lived close enough to the grocery store to push the cart home. LOL. The reports it still appears on does say included in BK. Thanks.
Message 4 of 7
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I am not seeing a date of removal but these are the free reports from annualcreditreport. I am thinking the paid for reports might include a bit more detail.
Message 5 of 7
Brammy
Moderator Emeritus

smallfry wrote:
I am not seeing a date of removal but these are the free reports from annualcreditreport. I am thinking the paid for reports might include a bit more detail.

never paid for an Ex report but I see 'date scheduled to be removed in the comments

Message 6 of 7
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Perhaps mine are already gone then. All I see that are not obviously open accounts like my CC Walmart card and 6th Avenue and Sleepys line they all show paid as agreed. All have zero balances none show as paid late. A few that I know for sure that were included in the BK say account closed by credit grantor. I did close a few credit cards, Those show account closed by consumer. My only two negatives seem to be the BK and the state tax lien which has been paid for five years. I do see some stuff that show zero balances no late pays that I never recall being my accounts. Small CC stuff one never even used.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.