cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question??

Question??

hello and thank you in advance.... i was wondering why im getting a settlement letter from a different company then the OC?... i have a charge off with discvr but im getting a settlement letter from RGS? i do not see this RGS account in collections..... if i pay THIS RGS will my past due discover report as $0 ? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Question??

@creditlover1993 wrote:

hello and thank you in advance.... i was wondering why im getting a settlement letter from a different company then the OC?... i have a charge off with discvr but im getting a settlement letter from RGS? i do not see this RGS account in collections..... if i pay THIS RGS will my past due discover report as $0 ? 

Sounds like Discover hired a third party CA to collect on their behalf. Discover still owns the debt, though. To answer your question, if Discover is still showing a balance, and RGS is indeed collecting for them (call Discover and ask), then yes, once you pay/settle, Discover should update to zero within two cycles.

Last App: 05/30/2021
Capital One Auto Refinance Loan

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 3

Re: Question??

im gonna give them a call ... thanks for your reply omargb9

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.