cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about a collector that I’m pretty sure is doing many things in violation?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Questions about a collector that I’m pretty sure is doing many things in violation?

Yeah I’m pretty sure this person doesn’t even know the original creditor at this point. He’s changed soo much info that I doubt anyone could keep track especially if he does this game to everyone. But what he list as the creditor is just another collection type name which doesn’t exist. As i said in my first post I couldn’t find this business/scam through numbers or business names. I had to do reverse address to find they run out of a UPS store. But i will get ahold of the places you guys all mentioned and see where it leads.
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Questions about a collector that I’m pretty sure is doing many things in violation?

I don’t mind it staying on there longer. The more damage it does the bigger case I have. I’m not lawsuit happy but i wanted to refinance this year and I certainly can’t right now so thats equal to money lost in just about anyone’s eyes in my opinion. I purposely let it fester for awhile once they put it back on there. Hey i have a really great question: Why is it that you are the consumer but you don’t seem to have the right to know as much as creditors/lenders about your own report. They always block out half the acount numbers. Why aren’t we allowed to know the account number of our own files?
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would  file a cfpb complaint then I would file using a consumer attorney a fdca violation.

Many years I had a firm try to sue my over a warmed over reaged case. I had told them many times   the statue was blown  over 4 years ago but they would not listen.  I filed my answer and then some other papers.   When it was all said and done let's just say they were happy to pay what ever I wanted.   I had several causes of action. 

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice!!! If we have to play by the rules then so shall they, I say, especially when it costs us money. They lost money sure, but we didn’t contract with them and certainly didn’t ask them to purchase a debt that may or may not get a return. Did you get a mortgage paid off or car note at least from their illegal acts?
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay so I filed the dispute on 5/10 today i got update that it remains given the information I provided but I didn’t send in all the documents i have yet. Dont i have 30 days to provide info as well like they do?
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.