Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick fico question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick fico question

I want to order my 3b score from my fico but don't know if I should do it now or wait a few days till the 1st of the month? Or does it even matter?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Quick fico question

Just to clarify... Im only paying for one month not ongoing monitoring. Is there any advantage to waiting until the first of the month?
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are a couple of aging factors that change when the calendar changes.  Whether or not those things would cause a scoring difference, who knows.  If you are cool waiting a few more days for the 1st, you won't have to wonder if you should have.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I'm just impatient and want to know my real score lol
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the meantime if you haven't done so already, why not sign up at creditscorecard.com and grab your EX FICO 08 score for free.  That score will likely match 1 of the 3 you'll be getting come the 1st of the month.  If it doesn't, it means that holding off until the 1st was beneficial, as something did change as a result of the calendar changing.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've read too many threads here where folks had trouble cancelling that free trial so it scares me. 😕 I have the credit karma fake scores for me and hubby. I'm just going to follow your advice and be patient. 😁
Message 6 of 15
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:
I want to order my 3b score from my fico but don't know if I should do it now or wait a few days till the 1st of the month? Or does it even matter?

It depends on the types of accounts you have, and when the lenders report. In my case, the most useful time of the month for the report is towards the early middle of the month.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnonymousI've read too many threads here where folks had trouble cancelling that free trial so it scares me. 😕 I have the credit karma fake scores for me and hubby. I'm just going to follow your advice and be patient. 😁

You are confusing creditscorecard.com with creditchecktotal.  There is no trial or cancellation with creditscorecard.com.  It's simply a service offered for free by Discover, where you'll get your EX FICO 08 score once per month.  There is zero liability or risk in signing up.  What you're thinking of is creditchecktotal, which is a $1 trial membership for 7 days that if not cancelled can result in a $30/mo membership.  Two totally different things here!

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh.... yup! You are correct I was confusing the two. I'm new to all things credit and have been overloading my brain with info.

Thanks again for all your help. ☺
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks SouthJamaica I'm going to wait.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.