cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random RentTrack Hard Inquiry. Fraud or Error?

tag
Ritsko8998
New Visitor

Re: Random RentTrack Hard Inquiry. Fraud or Error?

@MarkyB @Hi sorry to bug you again. I just checked my email and I did not receive anything from self. So do you know thier email or who I contact and what the contact information is so I can get this takin care of ? 

Message 11 of 21
Ritsko8998
New Visitor

@MarkyB what's self email? I don't even have a email from them regarding this issue 

Message 12 of 21
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Ritsko8998 wrote:

I just had the same thing happen too. I was farious thinking someone stole my social. I also have self. Who do I write to get this Inquiry off?

Take this up with Self as they will need to direct Transunion to withdraw the inquiry.   Transunion will not withdraw it on your say-so.

Transunion can take up to 30 days to process the withdrawal request and remove the inquiry.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 13 of 21
MarkyB
Regular Contributor

@Ritsko8998 wrote:

@MarkyB @Hi sorry to bug you again. I just checked my email and I did not receive anything from self. So do you know thier email or who I contact and what the contact information is so I can get this takin care of ? 

Their email is, help@self.inc

Maybe they sent me a email in response to me contacting RentTrack by email. Apparently RentTrack is Self.  Self contacted me once more after I replied to their generic response which I didn't appreciate one bit. I still didn't get a full answer. There's definitely something they don't want to tell us. I'm sure they are working with Transunion to remove all hard inquiries that were made but you should definitely email them anyway.

75048A31-B2A4-45CE-ADE5-C7C039F366D1.jpeg

Message 14 of 21
MarkyB
Regular Contributor

There's an article on this. Apparently millions of people were affected by this. SMH.

https://totallythebomb.com/inquiry-renttrack

Message 15 of 21
BlackQueen54

This happened to me today as well!  Smiley Mad  I will dispute and hope for the best!

Message 16 of 21
Portsofrocks
Established Member

Self just sent me an email saying the inquiry has been removed and are offering free monitoring services for a year. 

Starting Score: 589
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 21
MarkyB
Regular Contributor

Got this email from Self earlier today.

80008980-379C-4D94-BE11-F57186FCF9F2.jpeg

Message 18 of 21
Portsofrocks
Established Member

Just checked my Transunion report and the inquiry is deleted!

Starting Score: 589
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 21
nonprofit_researcher
New Visitor

I actually approve how Self has handled this error. (I've received the same emails shown in this thread.) 

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.