cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really annoyed with Wells Fargo CC. Is letting it get closed gonna make a difference in my credit?

tag
Green456
Established Contributor

Re: Really annoyed with Wells Fargo CC. Is letting it get closed gonna make a difference in my credi

Yeah exactly. It is not really a product change. They are closing your account and opening a new one. And I really don’t want to deal with a bank that doesn’t allow me to set my card on automatic payments unless I have checking account with them.
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Really annoyed with Wells Fargo CC. Is letting it get closed gonna make a difference in my credi

@Green456 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

How many credit cards do you have total?  Is it just the three you mention?  If so, closing the WF card would not be a good move.

Aside from your credit cards, how many other open accounts do you have? 

I have 5 credit cards.

2x wells fargo

1 BoA

1 Chase

1 Fort Knox

I have 50 total accounts (student loans, car loan and lease, personal loan). Most likely all these account will be paid out and done in 5-7 years. Out of all the CCs, I only find Chase to be reasonable, which allows me to set up automatic payments for another bank. BoA and Wells Fargo both require me to have account with them but BoA ebills work better for most banks. Fort Knox automatic payments doesn't work. In all, I would love to close all of these credit cards except for chase and open one more from Chasa, one from Amex and maybe one from US Bank, depending how are their policies with statement payments from non related account. Oh and my utilization is 1-0% every month.

US Bank lets me do statement payments from external banks with no problems. Do it often.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.