Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal

tag
writerstale
Contributor

Removal

So a few months ago I lost a health care credit card I had. I reported the card lost, and had a new card issued out to me. But the old card was reported lost and put on my credit score for Equifax and Experian. The credit card was and still is at a $0 balance. How can I go about getting this incident removed from credit report?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
dursty87
Established Contributor

Re: Removal

I'm sorry but I don't understand your question. You lost your card. Got that part. They issued you a new card. Got that as well. What is it affecting on your credit report/score that has you worried?

Message 2 of 5
writerstale
Contributor

My lost card is on my closed accounts section on Equifax, and I wanted to know what steps can I take to get that deleted/removed from my account?

Message 3 of 5
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Does the new account show opened when the original account was opened?

What is it you are worried about? AAOA? The lost card notation?

I don't think the note will hurt you especially with your FICO. People lose cards all the time, wouldn't worry myself too much about it.

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 4 of 5
dursty87
Established Contributor

+1. Closed accounts count toward your AAoA which ultimately helps your score. Having it removed will only drop your AAoA which in turn can affect your score. Personally I wouldn't bother with it.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.